'57 Desoto ?

That divider window looks to have been a real head-banger! How can you not just love the back bumper on a '57 Desoto!

that one is a universal. I think I have only seen 3 of them. and only in pictures. That square back door is the give away. if only they had tossed a trap over it to save the interier. I have no Ida were you would get a pictures of one to redo it.

Last edited:
Very cool. Never seen one like this. Now, is it a ambulance, or combo? That partition is definitely in the way. License plate is even cool.

Unfortunately, there is a real good chance that this one will be parted out as this one is definitely worth more dead than alive. Someone will, more than likely, buy it for the front clip and hemi.

I think this car is a rare beauty! If I were able to do any restoration work at all, I would really like to own this Desoto. I would think that this car restored, would turn lots of heads.

From Jack Pinner...........
Paul
My best guess is Weller Bros. Typical of there strap hinges on the back door. The side door headers that were left original is another Weller way.
There was a DeSoto dealer a few blocks from Weller that tried to get several to buy chassis from him. Comet did a few as well as a couple of the old Memphis Coach body builders. We built a couple for him. Troy Davis tried to break into conversions and ended up with one that dad sold for him and I delivered to a funeral home in southern Illinois.

Note: The original 5 that started Comet were my dad, Waldo Cotnet, Bob Bevington, Horace David and Troy Davis. Horace and Troy were brothers. Horace worked for us until the fire but I lost track of Troy.

That would be my guess.

Jack

Unfortunately, there is a real good chance that this one will be parted out as this one is definitely worth more dead than alive. Someone will, more than likely, buy it for the front clip and hemi.

Nope. :) I bought it, and it's now here in Canada!

And because this post is a few months old now, I see this hilarious icon... :beatdeadhorse5:

Back