New Carpet for 73 M-M Combo.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Back in April I put new carpet in the combo from ACC Carpet in Alabama.:smileflag: Thought I would post some photos of before and after. The first photo you can see things were bad and messy! After getting the seat out the carpet was MUCH worse that I thought it was! After removing the old busted carpet and padding it was time for a good cleaning up, spraying primer and paint on a few rust areas and seams and then new padding and carpet went in! Note the color of the seat mounts/feet from M-M after the seat was removed. A fresh coat of Caddy blue engine paint on the seat mounts and a fresh coat of black lacquer on the lower side covers made things look good to as you can see in the finished photo!:specool:

Attachments

• Snow White April 2010 040.jpg
    Snow White April 2010 040.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Snow White April 2010 041.jpg
    Snow White April 2010 041.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 73 M-M Carpet. 001.jpg
    73 M-M Carpet. 001.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 281
Jretremey: I see your Mocom-70 "Remote Box" now behind the driver's seat. MM

Actually I don't have the remote box in the car, just a portion of the cable going under the dash for display. I also have the correct short antenna on the roof as well. Behind the seat in the fist shot you can see the ac unit and medical cabinet along with the spare tire bracket in place. But I do have about three complete Motorola radio units that could be hooked up though.

That looks great. I need to get carpet in my hearse. What year carpet did you get? I know you posted a while back, I think it was the old message board, that the carpet was not 73 Cadillac carpet.

.................. A fresh coat of Caddy blue engine paint on the seat mounts and a fresh coat of black lacquer on the lower side covers made things look good to as you can see in the finished photo!:specool:

If you can't find the Cadillac Engine Blue paint, you can use Ford Engine Blue as a close substitute. Most people will never know the difference unless you tell them, they are that close a match...

Carpet

Another question. What car model did you order it for (Fleetwood, Deville, etc.)?

I ordered a set for my 69 from ACC ,I used 2dr Deville, and it fit perfect.You cannot get just the front half, you can only order it for a 2d , 4dr etc. I only used the front half if some one can use the back half ,they can have it for the shipping.

Last edited:
If you can't find the Cadillac Engine Blue paint, you can use Ford Engine Blue as a close substitute. Most people will never know the difference unless you tell them, they are that close a match...

Lost my vote , FORD BLUE !! :clubem:

teh caddy blue engine paint is really getting hard to find. I had only once sorce and I think this time they dried up. but the legs on the seat should be sime flat black. ace hardwair has it in spray bombs that is so close to gm once it gets dirty no one can tell.

I found it again it's in the spruce engine enamels off that site. if you click on the automotive then go to spruce paints you find it there to. glad to now have two sorces of this stuff.

Back