68 Buick Sport Wagon ex-Ambulance

Found this randomly searching on Craigslist. Tri-State Chapter folks, do you know anything about this?

Link Here.

00A0A_dJZcOPjJkGA_600x450.jpg

Has anybody seen this car in person? It would be a seven hour ride for me, but if anyone has information of any kind, please share it with me. Thanks in advance.

For Sale For Awhile

This has been on Craigslist for at least two months, perhaps more. No judgement implied, just reporting what I have observed.

This has been on Craigslist for at least two months, perhaps more. No judgement implied, just reporting what I have observed.

Yes, it has been posted here since January. You never know why a vehicle fails to sell, it could be condition, price, or other factors. I really need a car that fits in my garage at home, because I no longer have the big garage I used to rent. I would like to bring this car back to it's original ambulance configuration.

Yes, it has been posted here since January. You never know why a vehicle fails to sell, it could be condition, price, or other factors. I really need a car that fits in my garage at home, because I no longer have the big garage I used to rent. I would like to bring this car back to it's original ambulance configuration.

u gonna pull the trigger Bill? somebody did as I went to make a bid and its gone.

Look at the split back on the second seat. That was done by the conversion company. That was not offered on a stock Buick wagon. My '61 Richard Bros. Chrysler New Yorker had a similar split back.

The seller told me that this car belonged to a fire department and they ran ambulance service with it. supposedly, he has some of the original stuff. I really can't buy it, until I sell at least one of two cars that I have for sale, so that may not be any time soon. if any of you guys wants it, don't wait for me. I have been watching this one, since it came on, I would like to get it, if I can. we shall see.

I recently saw a '66 Buick Sport Wagon at a local auction and it had the same seat configuration as shown.

If I am right, they used that second seat in the three seat wagons only. Obviously, it works well in ambulance form, because the small seat stays up for the attendant and the big seat folds down, to allow a stretcher.

not unusual for a start up crew to run a converted wagon first.

the split seat is in the 9 passenger wagon. the small seat would fold and tumble allowing access to the rear seat. factory option. but as Bill said either seat would fold down independent of the other. so lay the 3rd seat down the the large section of the center seat and you had a flat floor to load the gurney in with and a ready made attendants seat. all from GM or Ford or Chrysler

what is unusual on this one is to find one of the wagons that survived and has papers to prove it! toss in the equipment and one of you wagon buffs needs to have it.

Back