1957 S&S hightop project

Steve Loftin

PCS Member
Site Supporter
Some assembly required - seriously:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957...0321663?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f27c770ff

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A 1957 CADILLAC S&S HIGH TOP AMBULANCE, THIS CAR HAS BEEN SITTING SINCE 1965. THE PREVIOUS OWNER CUT THE CAR IN HALF AND MADE IT INTO A CAMPER AND SAVED THE REAR END INSIDE HIS BARN. SO THE FRONT END HAS BEEN OUTSIDE FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND THE REAR END HAS BEEN GARAGED. THE CAR IS COMPLETE EXCEPT FOR THE REAR DOORS AND REAR BUMPER. I HAVE A BOX OF INTERIOR LIGHTS AND OTHER ODDS AND ENDS. I RECENTLY REMOVED THE CAMPER BODY AND SAT THE AMBULANCE REAR END BACK ON.. IT IS JUST SITTING ON THE FRAME AND LOOKS TO HAVE JUST BEEN CUT ONCE SO IT WONT TAKE MUCH TO WELD THE REAR HALVE BACK TOGETHER. ALSO THE NEW OWNER CAN JACK THE REAR END UP AND GET TO THE FRAME FOR RUNNING BRAKE LINES AND SUCH BEFORE PERMANENTLY MOUNTING THE BODY. THIS CAR WAS DELIVERED TO THE ALLENHURST FIRE DEPT IN NJ IN 1957 AND THEN SOLD TO SEAFORD DELAWARE FIRE DEPT BEFORE BECOMING A CAMPER. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. THE CAR HAS HAD A NEW FROM CADILLAC ENGINE INSTALLED IN 1966 BUT THEN SAT SINCE SO I BELEIVE IT IS SEIZED. I HAVE A CLEAR TITLE THAT SAYS 1958 BUT IT IS FROM THIS VEHICLE. THE REAR LOADING DOOR IS PERFECT WITH NO ROT AT ALL THE FRONT DOORS ARE FIXABLE WITH SOME ROT. IT DEFINALTLY NEEDS A HOOD AS THE LATCH AREA HAS RUSTED OUT WHICH IS COMMON WITH 57-58 CADDYS. THE SIRENS FUNCTIONS PERFECTLY AS IT HAS BEEN INSIDE SINCE 65. SUPER LOUD!!!!!. I HAVE MORE PICS IF YOU NEED PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL SEND DESIRED PICS. THIS IS A VERY RESTORABLE CAR DONT MISS YOUR CHANCE BID TO WIN!!!!!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!ooFHjvkcRoWBR-bq(ufN!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!ooFHjvkcRoWBR-bq(ufN!~~60_3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 97
  • $(KGrHqJ,!pIFH)q0FjThBR-bm-cZZQ~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!pIFH)q0FjThBR-bm-cZZQ~~60_3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 92
  • $(KGrHqZ,!qQFHqBe7P53BR-bnwEJWw~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!qQFHqBe7P53BR-bnwEJWw~~60_3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 92
Chris is a good friend of mine. I'll actually be at his house this weekend to chat with him about some other parts, if any one were to want me to put eyeballs on it or take more pictures, feel free to let me know.

Funny enough, I mentioned this to Chris and he had no idea of your plans, asking me for your number. You should tag along with your 'good friend' to the Procar Graveyard Open House.

Funny enough, I mentioned this to Chris and he had no idea of your plans, asking me for your number. You should tag along with your 'good friend' to the Procar Graveyard Open House.

Chris is the kinda guy I just pop in whenever I'm heading through Maryland and see what he has new and talk Cadillacs. I have some 59 parts I won't be using he was interested in and he has some I need.

Not a bad idea. Looks like a cool trip, not sure I could make it tho. I'd like to meet you and shake your hand and see if we could squash the animosity there seems to be between us.:hide:

Well that proved a fun auction to watch close! $2k jump in closing 8 seconds; two bidders @ $4k(+); top two bidders also in US.

Just an absolutely incredible price for what is present. Very happy for Chris.

I'm sorry the owner cut the back of it off, but I'll give him credit for keeping the back half and not trashing it way back when.

I'd love to know what happens to it now. Do you think the back can be re-attached to the front? :confused2:

Back