Series 75 limo rear facing jump seats?

I was contacted by someone restoring a recently acquired '59 factory limo looking for parts. He states that this car has no "partition wall" and had rear facing jump seats. Both seem unnatural, no pics provided yet. I'm willing to bet that backside area of front seat has already been modified sometime in the past. Since he also owns a livery service, it may be in his head that missing jump seats faced that direction as most do nowadays.

Wanted to check here first before spreading any misinformation. Ever see a limo from this period like what has been mentioned? Thanks!

I was contacted by someone restoring a recently acquired '59 factory limo looking for parts. He states that this car has no "partition wall" and had rear facing jump seats. Both seem unnatural, no pics provided yet. I'm willing to bet that backside area of front seat has already been modified sometime in the past. Since he also owns a livery service, it may be in his head that missing jump seats faced that direction as most do nowadays.

Wanted to check here first before spreading any misinformation. Ever see a limo from this period like what has been mentioned? Thanks!

If it does not have a divider it is just a series 75 9 passenger sedan. As for the jump seats, I have not heard of them being rear facing, but i cannot say for sure if some were made that way on order.

Jump Seats

Attila,
Can't really tell from your post, but are you also looking for a set of jump seats for a series 75 sedan??
Kurt

There is a '60 Series 75 with a hard front hit in a NC yard that can donate everything (other than a rust-free '59 decklid) for this gentleman, missing jump seats included, if he ultimately believes that they are the same seats his car had.

Beginning to wonder if maybe his car has footrests remaining and he thinks they were for jump seat riders, not for rear seat passengers.

'60 Cadillac Trunk Lid

I could fix you up with a rust-free trunk lid, but it is in Southern Minnesota.
Kurt

Back