"JFK" ambulance price forecast

JFK 1963 Pontiac Navy Ambulance

I have a picture in my sun room of the ^3 Pontiac Navy Ambulance that carried the human remains of JFK on Fri. Nov. 22, 63. The picture of the car on that day did not have a siren on the right fender nor did it have a red driver side spot light. Of course these two items could have been added later. It matters not really if the car at auction is the exact car to me it's close enough and it's history.

I was just 4 years old at the time and I remember watching TV with my mother when they showed the Navy ambulance with the slow tw o bulb rotating red beacon ray. I remember my mother telling me the President was in the Navy and that's why they had a Navy ambulance. They were taking the body for a government autopsy to Bethesda Naval Hospital. The previous President served in the Army and he would have been taken one would assume to Walter Reed Army Hospital by Army ambulance. Be advised Kennedy Brother-in-Law R. Sargent Shriver was the family member charged with the duty of making funeral arrangements. The family chose the 100 plus year firm of Jos. Gawler and Sons in Washington,DC. Sargent Shriver Mass of Christian Burial was this very day.

Rear floor scratches?

Well, of course the ambulance is now going off to who knows where, but I still have another question: did anyone ever look at the patient compartment floor of the ambulance? It seems to me that at least in the times right after the funeral, there could have been scratches on the floor, made by sliding a bronze casket where there were no casket rollers, such as a coach or combination would have. Of course years of use could have marred over the original scratches, but, I just wonder......................

I would. she has the most expensive ambulance in our club. her statement in the fox news article that she is not worried as she trusts BJ is one of blind faith misplaced, but hay we all have a our weaknesses. she does now know for a fact that she has a pontiac supplied to superior rebuilt into a ambulance on government contract assigned to the navy ambulance. that the GM numbers match on. about anyone of us could have told her that a lot cheaper. she could have had the car out in calf for 1/2 the money but now she can say she bought a car at a BJ auction. none of the rest of us can say that. so send her one if you can find her address. :specool:

Back