Free At Last!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tar and feather

Nah- h-h-h-h no nahhhhhked pppictures with a gooooaaat. (I think) Today people keep driving by the house honking the horn at our sign in our yard saying "Thanks". A large mob is preparing tar and feathers in case our two elected trouble makers opt to not reactivate my status tomorrow night.

Ron You could also Call on Your LEO Friends Also I am Sure Some of Us could do a Vehicle Inspection on their car. Hold them Until their Prints come back etc LOL

Russ

Back in the saddle

Ron, Thoughts and prayers are with you for tonight. May this all become a memory on this Memorial Weekend and you are back in the saddle by tomorrow.

Update

Well we cleared the final hurdle tonight. Tonight the Marlboro Township Board of Trustees unanimously voted to reinstate me as Chief of Police. The one trouble maker even made a half hearted apology for his actions. The biggest pain did not go that far but when making his statement "it was nothing personal" the packed crowd of over 150 laughed at him. When the vote was called and I was reinstated I was treated to a standing ovation. The stories will be in tomorrows repository.com review.com and starkcountypoliticalreport.com
SCPT has not stopped blogging about the case since charges were dismissed Wednesday, he is now calling for the replacement of the Chief Criminal Council that personally saw fit to try and railroad me.

That's Great News!

I am very happy for you and Kyle. It is amazing and scarey that a person could be wrongly accused and suffer damage to their reputation on fabricated accusations. And some people never get a chance to clear themselves. Thank God that you were able to clear your reputation.

Welcome news indeed, Ron! It couldn't have turned out any differently. Hopefully you'll be witness to the two shortest political careers in history.:mad:

I went through a similar ordeal from 1985 to 1987. I can't imagine the horror of having your son targeted as well. How did he weather all of this?

Ok now....

Ron will be coming into a lot of money soon so, if you have a Pro-Car you want to make a killing on now is the time to get it in front of Ron. Handful of money and a line of Pro-Cars for sale, it would be like feeding an addict.

Richard

Welcome news indeed, Ron! It couldn't have turned out any differently. Hopefully you'll be witness to the two shortest political careers in history.:mad:

I went through a similar ordeal from 1985 to 1987. I can't imagine the horror of having your son targeted as well. How did he weather all of this?

Kyle ended up on medication to control a runaway blood pressure and medication to control anxiety. I had to sell three cars and was on meds myself. In response to Richard's statement, it is true there should be some money coming to my mailbox down the road here. Possibly that 69 51" will still be around, I have been looking at a 78 Transport and I am searching for a Suburban ambulance. A Wayne would be ideal, but I am open to anything on that line including a Travelall.

For right now I have been busy as all get out at work. Imagine 6 months of backed up mail! I have been called in twice this week on midnights and as I speak they should be reconnecting my computer.

Kyle ended up on medication to control a runaway blood pressure and medication to control anxiety. I had to sell three cars and was on meds myself. In response to Richard's statement, it is true there should be some money coming to my mailbox down the road here. Possibly that 69 51" will still be around, I have been looking at a 78 Transport and I am searching for a Suburban ambulance. A Wayne would be ideal, but I am open to anything on that line including a Travelall.

For right now I have been busy as all get out at work. Imagine 6 months of backed up mail! I have been called in twice this week on midnights and as I speak they should be reconnecting my computer.

Who is the "THEY" that are doing this reconnectiong?????????????? :D :rolleyes: :confused:

We could probably compare notes about anxiety meds. They didn't help. What DID help was the unwavering support of my friends who, like yours, knew full well that there could only be a positive outcome.

Anxiety meds did a lot! Packed 30 pounds around my belt line. You are correct, it was the friends who got me through. My community rallied and 100-150 people would show up at every trustee meeting demanding their heads and my reinstatement. People made signs and put them in their yard saying "We Support the Chief", "We Support the Devies's". "Reinstate Devies NOW", I have about fifty letters of support here on the hutch at home I will keep forever. People brought food, even though I was still getting a paycheck, at least four of the communities churches held us in prayer every week during the entire ordeal. Townfolk donated money to a legal defense fund to help pay the attorneys. The gallery in the courthouse was nearly full both days including a couple PCS members who drove a distance to be there very early in the morning.

Then there was my friends here, every week I would get phone calls and emails of fellow members who wanted to vote their support and disbelief. Prayers came from this group as well. It kept us strong during this time.

Of course I couldn't leave out my attorneys who were a true dream team. This whole thing was a political witch hunt as I had supported Republican candidates for County Prosecutor and Sheriff in the past years. While no mention was made of it, I also campaigned for a incumbent Democrat Coroner. My one attorney had been that Republican candidate for Prosecutor a couple of years ago and is known by cops around here as a pit bull criminal defense attorney, he represented Kyle. My attorney was a Common Pleas Court Judge who retired in January and prior to being on the bench, had been Chief Criminal Counsel for the previous prosecutor and the number two or three guy in the county Democratic Party. So while my persecution was politically motivated, my defense was totally apolitical. While I have strong political convictions, I don't let politics get in the way of friendships, I give my opposing party friends a lot of razzing (like Brady's picture display in the funeral home):rolleyes: But part of the great thing about this country is our right to choose and be public in our beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back