1970 Cadillac Royale

Mike Owens

PCS Member
This 1970 Cadillac Hi-top located in Daytona Beach is back on E-bay. It was on a few weeks back and apparently didn't meet reserve. Buy it now price is $19,200. I am working hard to own an ambulance, but I'm not looking for a project. I am looking for some experienced advice on this car...could be a beauty or a beast? :cool:

70 Cadillac Ambulance

Mike this ambulance belongs to fellow PCS member Brian Whelen.
It has been for sale for awhile now.

If you go to the E-Bay listings here on the board and do a search for "1970 ambulance" there will be several postings and discussions on the ambulance.

I know several people have made bids/offers both on the Bay and off...but just seems that Mike is having a tough time getting people to complete the transactions.

I know if you give Mike a call he will be more then happy to discuss the coach and give you all the high's and low's about it......:thumbsup:

The seller, Brian Whelan, is a PCS member and a very nice guy. The car does have some issues which, in my personal opinion, keep it from being worth his asking price. I would not recommend making any offer on the car without inspecting it in person. I would also recommend going over the lower body panels with a magnet as I suspect that there might be a fair amount of bondo in them .

Issues that keep it from being worth $19,200, in my opinion:

*The car was originally red(or red/white) and the side door jambs, door outer edges, fire wall, inner fenders, etc. all remain red.
*All of the factory body side moldings have been replaced with stick-on, after-market body side moldings.
*The rear loading door jamb and door outer edges are black, for some reason.
*The 2 rear jump seats do not match one another.
*The wire wheel covers are incorrect for any 1970 Cadillac.(very minor issue)

In my opinion, this is a $15,000 car on the top end.

Thank you James and Kyle. That is exactly the unbiased info I am seeking. I am a novice in this arena and would rely heavily on fellow members for wisdom and insight. That is what makes any organization maintain it worth and membership value. I will contiue my research and again thanks...

if your thinking spending this much one a car ready to go. I would suggest a trip to see it in person. it's apparent that the man is interested in selling it.the car is equipped with a lot of stuff that can still be gathered but at a price. the only man that knows what is under the paint is the man that did the work on it. if it was done correctly it's done. if not it will be showing by now. in spite of being able to do it you best money is still on a car that doesn't need a lot. small clean up spots are a lot cheaper then completes. if it's something your really interested in call the man, go see it. be ready to buy it now or thank the man for showing it to you. for that kind of money if you can't drive it home I would not get it.

At the asking price of this particular car another member has an unrestored 70 Superior for 90% less...at least you know what you have after it's done. :lightbulb:

I had a 30- minute phone conversation with Brian and he seems to be very up front with everything about the car. Would it be acceptable to ask any of you responders to call me on my cell at 765-620-5913 to allow me to recant our conversation and ask some questions of you based on that phone call?

At the asking price of this particular car another member has an unrestored 70 Superior for 90% less...at least you know what you have after it's done. :lightbulb:

...........and the rig that Cary is referring to has the far more desirable bullet light configuration/option!

90% less is correct on a very solid coach. Put about $8k in her and she will be one awesome machine that you would know very well.

70-Superior_zpse94e2c8d.jpg

nice car

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR BEING A BIG HELP,ALL THE MONEY MEANS NOTHING IF YOU CANT BE HONEST,i dont care what i get for this car,but nobody has made an offer,i just want this car to go to somebody who knows what to do,or i can make it perfect for some one,and i dont want to sell to someone that does not know what to do if they need a part,and i told mike to spend more on a better car and he doesnt want a show car,but he has to know that there is always something to do, some people dont have the knowledge that most of us have,i thought i would love this car for life,and i lost interest,the 1972 that i have i paid 2500 for and put only 2500 in to it and it is in great shape,the 1970 i paid $8,000.00 and who knows what i put in and dont care,but i think if someone really had an interest i would spend more to make it perfect,or sell cheap the way it is,i lost interest,somebody take an interest,my 69 arrived last week,looks good,and please tell me how to get the 70 with the billet lights,remember i dont flip these cars,i fix and sell one per year and dont loose but i sure dont make,but i do love saving these,thanks again guys and call anytime BRIAN 917-499-9994:):):)

I've been watching Brian Whelan's car on E-bay. Went there today and couldn't locate it. So I called Brian, he says E-bay is giving him the run around on the classification that the car is displayed under. Right now, he doesn't know where his ad is located, or under what classification and after doing a bunch of searching myself, I can't find it anywhere either...

:confused:

If the ad disappeared and it says you followed an invalid link, they pulled it for some reason and you won't find it in the completed listings either. Most likely its because he still had pictures of two cars in one ad, and it finally caught up with him. People think I'm giving him grief and whining about something insignificant, but I'm telling you they have dumb little rules you have to follow, and if you don't and they find out, they make it tough for you. One of those rules is that you only advertise one vehicle for sale in an eBay listing. It can go unnoticed for a long time, but it only takes one person notifying them to get the ad deleted, and after that they're going to look real close if you try to relist it. He can't really say he wasn't warned of this, somebody brought it up every time it showed up in a thread here.

Don't get me started on trying to sell vintage emergency lights on eBay...good luck getting one of those auctions to run until completion.

Back