Pcs meet time...six weeks and counting!

Tony Karsnia - Deceased - 1971-2020

September 12, 1971 - November 2, 2020
Less than six weeks until the start of the 2014 "Respond to Rochester!" PCS International Meet! I spent two days in Rochester earlier this week, finalizing last-minute details for this grand event and am excited for all attendees to experience the fun agenda we have planned.

The registrations and hotel reservations continue to come in nicely. Thank you to all who have completed your registrations and hotel reservations to date.

There is still room at the hotel and on all of the tours.

Please keep in mind that the cutoff date for our hotel reservation block is MONDAY, JULY 14. If you reserve after this date, the hotel will make every effort to accommodate you at the special rate, but this is not guaranteed. So, if you feel there is even a remote chance you will attend, please make a reservation now.

Ramada Hotel & Conference Center
1517 - 16th Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902

Special group rate of $94 / night. Mention Professional Car Society.

It will be necessary to have a fairly accurate head count for our events a bit ahead of time, so please submit your meet registration by MONDAY, AUGUST 11. If you wait to register after this date, we will make every effort to accommodate you, but will not guarantee space on the tours or for meals. Again, if you feel there is the slightest chance you may attend, please communicate that with us.

If you need a copy of the meet information / agenda / registration, please email me at kars971@aol.com and I will gladly send you the PDF. Don't hesitate to email or call with questions or concerns. My cell number is 612.325.2344.

I'm actually pleased to announce that there has been a change in the location of our Concours d'Elegance Car Show on Saturday, August 16. The location will be the Olmsted County History Center, a very easy 1.6 mile, four-minute drive from the hotel. The spacious, grassy grounds with historic buildings provide the perfect setting for a car show, especially with our larger vehicles. The history center's concession stand will be open for food purchases of pizza, hot dogs, polish sausage, chips, ice cream sandwiches, and beverages. Plenty of photo-shoot opportunities right on the grounds, too! The public is being invited, so bring your car to show, even if it's in the midst of restoration.

The Rochester Trolleys will be running their regular city tours throughout the day, with three departure times from the History Center: 10:35 AM, 12:05 PM, and 1:35 PM. The cost is $15 / person for the 75 minute tour. *This tour is an abbreviated version of the comprehensive Rochester Trolley Tour and Lunch offered to our attendees the day prior.

The plans are set...now all we need is for you to come and enjoy a fun-filled week with us! We look forward to seeing you as you "Respond to Rochester!"

What's a thread like this without some photos?

Come on out to the 2014 PCS International Meet "Respond to Rochester!" The Ramada Hotel and Conference Center awaits, with a large parking area for our cars, indoor water park with waterslide and whirlpool, business center, complimentary continental breakfast daily for hotel guests, and very conveniently located just off Hwy. 52 at 16th Street Southwest.

Adjacent to the hotel is a great bar & grill called The Wildwood. I'm here to tell you, the food in there is excellent and their list of tap beers is extensive. It's the perfect place for friends to gather for apps, burgers, and your beverage of choice.

Also adjacent to the hotel is a Kwik Trip, but I like to refer to it as a "Super Kwik Trip." This place has a large assortment of food from bakery goods to pizza; fresh fruit, sandwiches, fountain drinks, and all the usual sundries found in a convenience store. Of course, it's perfect for our needs, offering the all-important fuel for our vehicles!

Here are some photos of the hotel area:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 309
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 308
Bring your professional car to the PCS Concours d'Elegance!

The Olmsted County History Center in Rochester, Minnesota is the place to be on Saturday, August 16, 2014 as the "Respond to Rochester!" meet continues PCS tradition of hosting the annual Concours d'elegance Show & Shine. It is an easy 4-minute, 1.6 mile drive from the host hotel to the center. Cars will be displayed on the lush green grass with several shade trees nearby. The show field is actually a historic ball field, so there are even bleachers there to sit on and gaze at all those beautiful professional cars after you've grabbed your lunch from "The Roost" concession stand. There's also a picnic pavilion nearby.

Photo opportunities galore! With several historic buildings on the grounds, immediately adjacent to the show field, there won't be any problems getting cars placed for the ever-important photo shoots. There's even a classic red barn, which would be an appropriate backdrop after all the talk on these forums about restoring old barns.

Don't forget that the Rochester Trolleys depart three times throughout the day for a 75-minute city tour. You can remain on the trolley the entire time or hop on-hop off at various points of interest. *This trolley tour is an abbreviated version of the comprehensive tour and lunch offered to registrants the previous day. Cost for the Saturday Trolley Tour is $15 / person. Tickets are available at the history center.

Imagine the beautiful, spacious show field filled with professional cars!

Less than six weeks until that becomes reality! "Respond to Rochester!"

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 301
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 298
Tony

I am looking forward to the event !

I hope you registration arrived and I'm all set to participate.

Love that red barn above too !

Woooohoooo,
Darren

:applause:

Any count on how may registrations there are for the show on Saturday? Trying to drum up some support for a ride to Rochester to have a few friends check things out!:biker:

I'll be there won't that be reason enough to get the northland chapter together? just kidding. but really were else you going to see this collection of cars together? seeing them is person is nothing like pictures. but seeing them together, is a site you never forget. no one forgets there first meet. typically we will get at least 50 up cars at a meet. but as we change locations we will get about half that have not been to a PC meet. the car doesn't have to be a show car we get a lot of when the lotto comes in we'll do it and works in progress cars. that's what makes the meet interesting. if you can't find a buddy come on down by your self. it as close as it gets for awhile. see you there.

The 2014 PCS International Meet is now less that one week away and I couldn't be more pleased with how everything is shaping up. We have received 61 registrations so far and I know there are more on the way. We have spent a lot of time contacting individuals, asking that specific "never before seen at a PCS meet" cars be brought, especially to the show on Saturday, August 16. The response has been tremendously positive. In fact, there is one "special request" that is en-route in an enclosed car carrier as I write this.

As anyone who has ever attended one of our Northland meets knows, we always have a great time. Darren Bedford's inquiry asking who (and their ride) will be seen at this year's meet yielded several "NO" responses, but don't let that fool you into thinking this will be a sleeper of a meet. There is a great big bunch of folks out there who are excited to Respond to Rochester! next week!

There is a very limited amount of space left on the Mississippi River Valley Tour (Wednesday) and the Rochester Trolley Tour (Friday). If you are interested in either of these tours, please let me know now.

We're looking forward to a great time next week!

Back