Criterions in Canada...

First of all, I want to sincerely thank Richard Vyse for starting the thread about counting the Criterions and thank all of you who replied. I have really enjoyed it, and have received lots of inspiration from it.

Does anyone know of any other Criterions in Canada, or do I have the only one? For those who don't know, mine is a 1975, white over red, originally owned by Wounded Knee, Alberta and subsequently owned by PCS member Terry Lange (not sure if his brother Kerry also had a stake in it). It ended up with a fellow in Pennsylvania who left it outside for 14 years.

B.C. Ambulance has had three Criterions in its history, all of which were leased from Howard Distributors in Burnaby, B.C. and returned to them. Howard Distributors are still in business, supplying funeral cars and coaches. I have spoken to them, but they have no information, and the trail is cold.

Any info on other Canadian Criterions would be muchly appreciated.

I wonder if this ol' girl could be the only Canadian Criterion????

Lucille 6.JPG

Doug, you need me to pick up a grill for her? one piece at a time and she will be new again. you ever get that spare tire door open?

Hi, Ed. I have a new grille for her, sitting waiting for the right time to put it in. And no, I never did get that !@#$% spare tire door open, despite your good advise. I'm going to get my mechanic to have a look at it.

Doug, the paperwork that I have on your '75 Criterion shows that it was delivered new to Kneehill Ambulance in Three Hills, Alberta on or around Feb. 27, 1976 (through Howard Distributors). The price at the factory, without the invertor was $30,330.00. There would also have been several thousand dollars in duty and taxes in addition to this figure, as a penalty for purchasing a product south of the Canadian border. This, more than anything else, probably contributed to the shortage of Criterions in Canada. I do have photos of a '74 Criterion delivered new to Richmond, B.C. This may be one of the units you referred to. I am not aware of any other Canadian-based Criterions.

Terry

I do have photos of a '74 Criterion delivered new to Richmond, B.C. This may be one of the units you referred to. I am not aware of any other Canadian-based Criterions.

Terry

That would be one of the two Richmond Ambulance Criterions which were taken over by B.C. Ambulance when the government service was formed. The third B.C. Criterion was up-province somewhere. I would really love to see those pictures, Terry. I'm guessing it might be old unit # 110.

Here's a photo that was posted somewhere of a Criterion from BC Ambulance. Not sure if this is the one you're looking for, but it's a Canadian Criterion nonetheless.

Attachments

• 74MMCadCriterionBCAmb.JPG
    74MMCadCriterionBCAmb.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 148
This is the '74 Criterion from Richmond, B.C. prior to the government takeover.

Terry

Attachments

• Richmond001.jpg
    Richmond001.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Richmond002.jpg
    Richmond002.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 116
Back