1949 S&S ambulance

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
im in my mode of thinning down my collection and changing it up some so I decided to put up my 49 S&S for sale. I know that it is not as pcs friendly, but all the pinstriping that is on the car is on the paint surface and can be wet sanded and buffed off.

This car is a great running and driving car. I really think it has a rebuilt motor but do not have receipts to back it of. What I can say is it has 5 wide white wall radial tires, 12 volt conversion, electric wipers, it has a Richmond 5 speed trans in it. So when you are doing 55 and shift it in fifth motor is running about 1500 rpm. I have given it a tune up last year just before storage rebuilt the carb, and dist. Fun car to be cruzing around in.

The body on this has some chips and such but is close to a rust free car. This would be a great car to restore. The original seat was moved back. So that can be moved ahead again. Im asking $11.000.

Attachments

• DSCN6764.jpg
    DSCN6764.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCN6769.jpg
    DSCN6769.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 472
  • DSCN6771.jpg
    DSCN6771.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCN6761.jpg
    DSCN6761.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 478
  • DSCN6775.jpg
    DSCN6775.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 485
  • DSCN6766.jpg
    DSCN6766.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 483
You cant get rid of it yet. I don't have a pic of my 49 S&S combo with it. Don't forget to take off the trim on the front of the rear fender where S&S cut it off, I need them..LOL

I like where someone moved the battery box, mine is on the bottom by the frame, and a pain to get to.

I'd like to add that this car rides and drives amazing. The 5-speed really surprises you, it keeps up with traffic easily and has plenty of power. Good luck with a sale Rocky i'm sure someone will snatch it up quick!

my wife just walked by me and said noooo. i didnt say nuthin, she said she seen that look in my eye. hmmm.need a car or truck, trading is not cash sooo...

It was fun driving around WI in that S/S ambulance.

Hate to see a brother letting a classic go but I know it will have another fill it's spot.

Someone can make that a PCS show car easily.
I would like to see it go to Bo Pounds for a glorious restoration.

Darren

Well I got my payment for my 49 today. so it looks like it is going to reside in texas. She was a fun car but its going to a guy that is very excited about getting it. I always say we never really own our cars we are just care givers for X-period of time. So now looks like he will be a great care giver of it.

Also a side note murphys law, when he said he would take it I had three people that were all hot on the car. Not much action on it, then all kinds. But happy and also little sad to see her go.

Congrats on the sale, but I am really sad to see it go before I got a chance to get pix with yours and mine together. I knew I shouldn't have put it off so long getting to your place, and of course you already know mine didn't want to go to the International. Maybe my car didn't want to see yours :rolleyes:. Hope it found a good home.

Back