Ferno 28 Fernoflex cot

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I get the impression that the Ferno 28s were made for many years. Does anyone happen to know approximately when they would have come out with this model? I picked one up today and it looks to be an earlier one, based on the mattress.

This particular Ferno 28 was in a 1973 Superior Chevy van ambulance that had been widened(don't remember the model name of those things). The ambulance dealer called this Superior a "Fat Albert". This particular ambulance had been doing back-up duty in a small community in Nebraska until a few months ago. The ambulance dealer that I bought the cot from told me that it had been with that ambulance since new. Just trying to verify that a model 28 could have originally seen service in the early '70s.

This particular Ferno 28 was in a 1973 Superior Chevy van ambulance that had been widened(don't remember the model name of those things). The ambulance dealer called this Superior a "Fat Albert". This particular ambulance had been doing back-up duty in a small community in Nebraska until a few months ago...
It's a Superior 61. Is he selling the ambulance???? :rolleyes:

Steve,
Yes, the ambulance is for sale. I will find his contact info for you once the sun comes up and I can search my truck for it. He is asking $3000 and that price does include the correct factory wheels and tires.

Attachments

• '73 Superior 61.jpg
    '73 Superior 61.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 364
  • '73 Superior 61 #2.jpg
    '73 Superior 61 #2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 330
I mention that he does also have those rediculous looking original factory skirts for this thing as well. There is damage to the right front fender which would require replacing that fender and the little dog-leg over the r/f tire. They blew a tire on the interstate bringing it back on trade and hit a guard rail or something. No rust on it anywhere.

Found the contract info:

Firefox Rescue Equipment, Inc.
3208 S. Lincoln Ave.
York, NE 68467

His invoice doesn't list their phone number, but you can call directory assistance if interested. I spoke with Jody. HE is the owner of the business.

Steve - This is the one you and I talked about last year. The rig comes with a NOS spare windshield. I just sent you a message with Jody's cell number.

Found the business card.

Firefox Rescue Equipment
Jody or Cory Staehr
3208 S. Lincoln Avenue
York, NE 68467

Back