International Meets

Patrick J. Martin

PCS Life Member/Illini Chapter President
The recent threads talking and asking about the meet in Albany next year, has me thinking about how there currently are no meet plans for beyond that. Since PCS seems to be pretty thorough when it comes to manuals on how to run things, I was wondering if there was a manual on hosting and running an International Meet, and on how to create and submit a proposal for hosting a meet to the board.

The recent threads talking and asking about the meet in Albany next year, has me thinking about how there currently are no meet plans for beyond that. Since PCS seems to be pretty thorough when it comes to manuals on how to run things, I was wondering if there was a manual on hosting and running an International Meet, and on how to create and submit a proposal for hosting a meet to the board.

Careful for what you ask for.....

yes there is and if I'm not mistaken it Dan Brintlinger that is the charman of that one. he would be the one to contack for a what do I need to do packet.

Yes there is.

THere is such a manual and it can be obtained from the club store. As to the plans for future meets, that is a long story. We should have a meet on the docket four years out but the current administration caused that not to happen. As soon as we have a new president we will hopefully get that back on track. I am sure he/she will be happy to see your proposal, Patrick. And if I can do anything to help you with it feel free to call on me.

my regret is that most International Meets are too far for me to drive to easily. The Burbank meet was doable but I didnt have the finances; fat chance of a So Cal meet happening any time soon though. The PNW-PCS chapter isnt big enough or financially able to host one yet. One of these days, I'll make it to a meet though!

Back