$800 running/driving 1978 hearse in good shape

Sale day on hearses. Can't complain about the price.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/2573531432.html

1978 Cadillac Hearse ($800 or trade for pickup) - $800 (Nordeast)
Date: 2011-09-10, 4:42PM CDT
Reply to: sale-ezc38-2573531432@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Amazing classic vehicle! I bought it for touring with my band, and it made it across the country no problem. Perfect for a band who wants to travel in style. Also, because it's a 78, it's technically considered a classic by the classic car insurance companies which makes the insurance super cheap. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera right now but if you call, I could probably send some pictures if need be. Brand new carberator. Brand new battery. Plenty of hauling ability. It's dark blue with minimal rust. It has some cosmetic issues on the interior, but the body looks sleek and cool. All original decorations, vinyl's in good shape, tires are great, no cracks or anything on the windows. It has its fair share of issues however...the timing is off and there's a small exhaust leak. There's also no speaker system and the heater stopped working some time ago. Bad tabs (overdue in July), Washington plates, and a brakelight is out. Come give it a look! It's parked between 18th and 20th on Polk St NE off Central. My name is Johnny 612-222-7763. Call or text as I do not have internet. $800 FIRM. I would also be interested in a trade for a pickup.

Attachments

• 3ne3m63l55Q15P45X0b9a856e69470b0b1aba.jpg
    3ne3m63l55Q15P45X0b9a856e69470b0b1aba.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 196
not bad for someone looking for a hearse. get it for 800 put a couple grand into and you got a nice car. lot better then getting it for 5 and putting a couple grand back into it. but human nature being what it is the 5 grand car would be better cuz it cost more.

Buyer Beware

:bsflag2:

The picture shown with this ad for $800 is one that was sent to me about seven years ago. The 78, which the Funeral Director claimed was a 79, was just coming out of service in a small funeral home rural Peoria, Illinois. The funeral director did not want to sell it to me because I lived within 50 miles of the funeral home. Instead, he was going to donate the car to the Shriners in Peoria, for one of their vehicles. They were going to cut the top off and install a pipe organ and paint it yellow and green.

So buyer beware, this picture is old, it is supposed to be a Shriner car, and the funeral director did not want to be used as a band car, Halloween decoration, ETC and reflect badly on his small-town establishment. The seller may have just picked up a picture from the Internet to represent his hearse, I doubt it is the same car.

Here is the original picture sent to me.

Mark

Attachments

• 79 PRINCEVILLE hearse2.jpg
    79 PRINCEVILLE hearse2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 157
Talk about a price rollback! This is what Danny and I used to buy comparable '77-'79 Cadillacs for in the late 1990's!

For sure had a few of those. Hard to find anything pre-80 now at a bargain and the 80-90 stuff don't appeal too much to me and now the market for the nice mid 90's LT1 cars are getting cold and are getting really cheap. Just not much to search for in the newer stuff that is too exciting there huh Adam?

Back