'60 Eureka 3-Way Landau Spotting

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
A friend of Ken Novak's spotted this '60 Eureka 3-way landau in a mall parking lot last night in So. California. Dan Scully might be familiar with this coach.

Attachments

• '60 Eureka 3-Way.jpg
    '60 Eureka 3-Way.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 323
It belongs to a PCS member in Orange County and is driven regularly... I sometimes tag along for the ride :cool:. Evening sightings are common around here!
This coach has been a fixture on the local hearse scene for at least 25 years and was formerly owned by Jeff Perrin. The car continues to be in good hands!

:)

I'm pretty sure that's the one I saw pass me going the opposite way last summer when I was near Lake Isabella! Sure turned my head =)

I like the Eldorado trim, it may, or may not not have been there when Eureka built it, but it really makes the car look gorgeous!

I like the Eldorado trim, it may, or may not not have been there when Eureka built it, but it really makes the car look gorgeous!

That Eldorado trim was definitely there when Eureka built it!
Eureka used this trim on all of their '60 models......... which is why the '60 model Eurekas are one of my all-time favorites! Really stands out on black coaches!

Eureka used this trim on all of their '60 models......... which is why the '60 model Eurekas are one of my all-time favorites! Really stands out on black coaches!

Partially true... The Fleetwood 60 Special "J" moldings, lower Quarter and fender skirt moldings flowing into the rocker moldings were all standard trim on Eureka's 1960 models.

The faux Eldorado trim, however, was Jeff's idea - Applied by myself back in the early-2000s per Jeff's request and remains on the car to this day!

:cool:

Attachments

• 1960 Eureka Landau 3-Way company photo (1).jpg
    1960 Eureka Landau 3-Way company photo (1).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 187
Where did you find the faux Eldorado trim? I have had plenty of 60 Eldos and the trim has been hard to find since the 60s, I am with the others the trim makes the Coach beautiful. We scrapped a hardtop (not a nice car) years ago just cause a guy with a convertible needed all the left side trim and could not find a single piece.

Peter -

That's why I called it "faux" trim, it's not the real deal.... Not one '60 Biarritz or Seville was harmed! Not only is real Eldorado trim impossible to find, you would need at least two sets of coupe/conv. moldings, extensively modified to fit the extra length (and doors) of the professional car body and some trim would need to be fabricated - Very time consuming and cost prohibitive.

No, we achieved the look with a little Hollywood style magic... Jeff had owned other '60 Cadillacs, is a fan of the '60 Eldorado styling and thought that Eldo trim would look amazing on his Eureka. I agreed wholeheartedly and on a whim, laid out the pattern of '60 Eldo trim directly onto the Eureka bodywork using 1/4" chrome pinstripe tape, just to visualize it.... Jeff instantly in love with the look and decided to leave the tape on the car!

Crude, but effective, it has held up remarkably well over the years and continues to fool the casual observer into believing that real Eldorado trim adorns this fine Eureka coach!

:cool:

Kurt, have you ever seen Tom Hoczyk's beautiful dark green 1960 Eureka Landau, it has not got the Eldorado trim.

Here you go Kurt - It was the only hearse in attendance at Kevin O'Connell's memorial a few weeks ago...

The 2nd pic was taken at another recent meet.

Attachments

• 20190615_092032.jpg
    20190615_092032.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20190406_153129.jpg
    20190406_153129.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 134
Gorgeous! The added striping does not jump out as much in the daylight. I would LOVE to own a 1960 Eureka.... in any configuration!

Back