that feeling

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
the one you get when you stab that last piece of glass back into the car. one more mile marker on the way. the 53 now has all the panels one it and all the glass back in. still got to rewire the horns but that is a story left for others over a beer or two.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.jpg
    IMG_2012.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 278
Really hate to mention this minor drtail, BUT, Rule 67217 clearly says immediately after installing glass Glass Wax or BonAmi is to be applied to the glass so you know glass is present in the hole you been tossing parts through for 9 months.

You will notice it is painted under everything now. Having the glass in lets me wet sand the car and wash it. with out flooding things i would rather not get wet. It also stops that strange piece of what ever from flying out of a void and causing more work. We can get big pieces of the interior in before painting. Avoiding touch up. Putting the cat whiskers and run channels requires drilling and the wing window can give you a fit at times. As does trying to tape off the dash to prevent overspray. Just some of the reasons i do it this way. Others do different. But its personal. We had to put some of the belt line moldings in place before we could put the glass in. So as paint is mixed up might as will. Do the rest. That will give me a brake line. I can then easily paint the car in sections. at 70 with bilateral nerophphety in both arms i do better if we can paint in sections. with The pinched nerves in the lower c and upper L I tire out fast.
As for the color armbruster was like ford you get everything black. Unless you paid 75 bucks more then they would change colors. But when they did like on this one. They would jam the door in body color in this case black. The tape around the door jams to give you a sharp line between the body color and the jam color. I did not want to do that. In 53 dash and inside trim is painted the lower body color. Cars were two toned dark over light i dont like that either so we will go black. More then enough trim on the pontiac to off set the dark color. The the front interier is light brown use by gm in those years in cloth the rear will be the med gray with light gray accents in vinyl. Origional was oil cloth. The flooring is a light gray marble.

Last edited:
Back