Oklahoma procars over the years

Per request

Although John ran their Owasso facility, this beautiful '65 went to Moore's 14th and Peoria location in Tulsa. Central used it for a few years after they took over from the Tulsa funeral homes in 1969.

John eventually left Moore's and opened his own firm in Owasso in 1981. It's now owned and operated by his son Steve:

http://www.moweryfs.com/MoweryIndex.aspx

(SL collection)Moore.jpg

At one time there was a Superior dealership (busses as well as procars) in Oklahoma City. I didn't know that until Jim Jordan sent me this picture a while back. Odds are that both of these girls are combinations:56OKCSuperior.jpg

Steve, I'm blown away by your knowledge and impressive repository of pictures and documentation. You are a real asset to we mere mortals ! :applause:

Baggerley Funeral Home, Edmond, Oklahoma, 1973. This building was torn down a few years ago, and now a new one is in its place. I worked there while I was going to mortuary school 1972-74.

1972 M-M Endloader beside my 1941 Packard Flower Car.

In back is a 1967 Superior Combination and 1972 Fleetwood Brougham.IMG_20130829_0001.jpgIMG_20130829_0002.jpg

Mike,

I worked at Bob Moore Cadillac in Downtown OKC when I was in College. I still remember getting a call at about 4:30 PM on New Years Eve 1992-1993. Baggerly's needed a year end write off and wanted 3 white Sedan de Villes (or Sedans de Ville) with blue interiors. We had 3 on the lot, fresh off the truck. Needless to say, the sales manager, one salesman and I spent our New Years Eve detailing new Cadillacs and taking plastic off the seats and carpet.

I loved working there for Baggerley's. I had great bosses, Lee Carson and Robert Harris. They are both deceased now. It was a great operation. I loved living in Edmond and being near the City. I miss the good times and the old stories there.

We dealt with many families in the city. I remember I got to take O.A. Cargill, famous early attorney and author, to the cemetery in the coach. His grandson, Henson Cargill, famous country Western artist was a Pallbearer.

Great memories......

The Peck F.H. in Oilton once owned this 1962 Landau Traditional combination.

Correction; thanks to Mr. Bethlenfalvy for catching it. The car seen here (lineage unknown) was owned by an individual near Inola, OK.

The Peck car, now for sale in KS, was grey or silver over black. I'll dig out a photo when I get back from Rochester.

1962 MM Duplex

Pretty sure I ended up with the '62 MM Duplex mentioned in this thread that was said to have hailed from the Porter Funeral Home, in OK.

The original paperwork says that this was originally sold to the Capital Hill Funeral Home in Oklahoma City, OK on August 8, 1962 (55 years ago today!) and the windshield has an old registration sticker from OK as well.

I've tracked down about 15 '62 MM coaches and this one has the same missing trim as well as corresponding bolt holes on the roof for the siren and Beacon Ray light pictured in the photo form 1980. There's also an antenna up there.

Of course, it could indeed be another rig, but there are enough similarities that my gut says it's quite possibly the same one.

http://midcenturycadillacs.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1785463-080817110914.jpg

Pretty sure I ended up with the '62 MM Duplex mentioned in this thread that was said to have hailed from the Porter Funeral Home, in OK.

The original paperwork says that this was originally sold to the Capital Hill Funeral Home in Oklahoma City, OK on August 8, 1962 (55 years ago today!) and the windshield has an old registration sticker from OK as well.

I've tracked down about 15 '62 MM coaches and this one has the same missing trim as well as corresponding bolt holes on the roof for the siren and Beacon Ray light pictured in the photo form 1980. There's also an antenna up there.

Of course, it could indeed be another rig, but there are enough similarities that my gut says it's quite possibly the same one.

Thanks! Now we know that the Porter car was originally owned by Capitol Hill (also no longer in business).

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=30792&postcount=14

Many thanks, Steve! I only followed your excellent knowledge and history of these great old coaches and put two and two together. Glad to post more photos if anyone knows the rig and we can identify it 100%. :thumbsup:

Stout-Phillips F.H. (Wewoka, OK)
198_? Collins/Cadillac endloader
1970 Superior/Cadillac combination
(SL photos, 1988)Stout-Phillips FH Wewoka, OK 198_  Collins Cadillac endloader SL photo.jpgStout-Phillips FH Wewoka, OK 1970  Superior Cadillac Sovereign Landaulet combination SL photo.jpg

Steve, this entire thread as a priceless treasure trove of pics, information, knowledge, trivia, and OK pro car history! This thread could easily be re-packaged into an expensive coffee table book, completely unedited. THANK YOU so much for sharing all of this with us, Steve! I only wish that I had pro car photos to share like you do, but instead of snapping photos of them when I was growing up in the 70's, I was just peeking into the dark garage windows at a funeral home only getting a glimpse of those early 70's Cadillac "micro-fins" on a dark Superior combo, and seeing the dark red glimmer of a lone federal beacon ray, sans pics.

Steve, this entire thread as a priceless treasure trove of pics, information, knowledge, trivia, and OK pro car history! This thread could easily be re-packaged into an expensive coffee table book, completely unedited. THANK YOU so much for sharing all of this with us, Steve! I only wish that I had pro car photos to share like you do, but instead of snapping photos of them when I was growing up in the 70's, I was just peeking into the dark garage windows at a funeral home only getting a glimpse of those early 70's Cadillac "micro-fins" on a dark Superior combo, and seeing the dark red glimmer of a lone federal beacon ray, sans pics.

That's for sure! The Criterion posts would be cool as well as sad pro-cars.

Back