Wanted "Superior" & "Cadillac" script

Matthew Taylor

PCS Route 66 Chapter President
I am looking for both the "Superior" script and the "Cadillac" script that would have been on a 1959 Cadillac. They don't have to be perfect.

These

I believe the "Cadillac" script is from a '49 Cadillac while the "Superior" script is from Brady's '59.

Attachments

• cadillac_script_emblem.jpg
    cadillac_script_emblem.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 406
  • Superior.jpg
    Superior.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 309
There are Fleetwood, Coupe deVille and Sedan deVille scripts. My '60 limos only have a Fleetwood script on the trunks.

Nice scripts also on my 1951...

2905924679_82f11b814a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I believe the "Cadillac" script is from a '49 Cadillac while the "Superior" script is from Brady's '59.

The Cadillac script is not a 1949, its a 1957. As for the script on a 59, there really is not one, there is a badge style with name on the front fender under the trim between the door and wheel well. Bradys does have this.

1957?

The Cadillac script is not a 1949, its a 1957. As for the script on a 59, there really is not one, there is a badge style with name on the front fender under the trim between the door and wheel well. Bradys does have this.

I don't think that "Cadillac" script is from a 1957. The Cadillac Database identifies this one as from a 1948, and it is similar to the one I posted.

I took the picture of the "Superior" script of Brady's 1959. That car does not have a "Cadillac" script on it that I could locate.

Attachments

• 1948 Cadillac Fender Script.jpg
    1948 Cadillac Fender Script.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I don't think that "Cadillac" script is from a 1957. The Cadillac Database identifies this one as from a 1948, and it is similar to the one I posted.

I took the picture of the "Superior" script of Brady's 1959. That car does not have a "Cadillac" script on it that I could locate.

Look at the shape of the C in relation to the A next to it. The letter style is not the same. I got 1957 from Mc Veys Cadillac, which sells original and reproduction parts. Also I have owned two 1949 Cadillacs, which uses the same script from 1948-52, and they do not look like the first one you posted, similar kind of, but not the same.
A closer look and you will easily the difference in the letters between the pic you first posted (1957) and the second you posted which are 48-52.
http://www.mcveys.com/parts/pc/show...esultCnt=10&keyword=cadillac+script&Go=Search
Also, if you read my post I said 59s do not have a Cadillac script, but a small badge style on the front fender below the trim between the wheel and door.

Last edited:
Here is a shot of the Fleetwood script from a '60 and a shot of the Cadillac script from a '57 above and '55 below.

Attachments

• DSC06866.jpg
    DSC06866.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC06867.jpg
    DSC06867.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 143
will ok now what does the lettering in the badge on the 59 say? 58 had about 4 different ones. same badge as the 59. in this view of the 59 superior in question you can both e superior script and the fender badge.

Matt you get it figured out what year you need?

Attachments

• IMG_5264a.jpg
    IMG_5264a.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 149
I have a mixed up bag here some say 60 special some fleet wood and some Cadillac. I was guessing that the Cadillac one would be correct for the Commercial chassis.

Back