1978 cadillac miller meteor athena

Andrew G. Zajkowski

PCS Member / Super Site Supporter 9 years
Doe's anyone have good pic's of a 1978 miller meteor athena , what was there production number's and what yr's ,chassis and variation's used , on this model other than a cadillac.

Athena Hearse

Andrew don't mind him he's an "old ambulance guy"/ probably doesn't know Athena was a model of a heasre - I don't recall seeing that model around our area at all- my guess is the production nunbers would be very low-Kevin

I looked around my collection and didn't find anything, but I looked online and found these on McLellan's site. You may have seen this already, but if not, it's pretty cool....

http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/lit/bysub/amb-hrs-limo/miller/index.shtml

B25900.jpg

And from Walter Miller's collection. Currently for sale on eBay (Auction Link).

wo7304.jpg

wo7304a.jpg

Miller-Meteor Athena

The Athena was Miller-Meteor's "price car", built on the standard Cadillac or Oldsmobile chassis...not a commercial chassis. It was a standard glass, "tailstretched" car that never did see much success.

The early versions had the stepped roof, as seen in the photos of the Cadillac Adam submitted. Later versions had a uniform roofline, as seen on the Oldsmobile.

I can say for certain there were indeed some Oldsmobile Athenas built. I have seen and photographed a very few Athenas. I'll scan and share my photos here later.

Andrew don't mind him he's an "old ambulance guy"/ probably doesn't know Athena was a model of a heasre - I don't recall seeing that model around our area at all- my guess is the production nunbers would be very low-Kevin

It is my eyesight that has failed me.. I could have sworn that he was looking for information on an antenna...... Who spiked my coffee???:burp: I have deleted my antenna posts.....:hide:

Oldsmobile Athena

Here is a '78 M-M Olds Athena that was sold through Miller-Meteor Sales of Minneapolis. These images were taken after it came back in as a used car.

Attachments

• scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 556
  • scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 570
not a lot of stretch on this one. looks like the just added the roof and what ever it took to put the back door on. had they used a station wagon to start with the quarters would not have looked so off.

Thanks for posting those. I've been an Oldsmobile fan for a long time, too, and my other collector car is a 78 Delta 88. You just don't see too many Oldsmobiles of that vintage in hearse form.

I like these! But then, I'm a weirdo. I guess I'm just finding myself drawn more and more to the more unusual, lesser-seen cars.

Back