Engine Decals on a Cadillac

When I had the top of the Criterion's engine apart the guy painted everything so it looks so much nicer.

I would like to replace the decal that was on the right valve cover but have had zero luck locating one. One company that is suppose to specialize in decals said he was not aware there was a decal on the valve cover.

Any ideas?

When I had the top of the Criterion's engine apart the guy painted everything so it looks so much nicer.

I would like to replace the decal that was on the right valve cover but have had zero luck locating one. One company that is suppose to specialize in decals said he was not aware there was a decal on the valve cover.

Any ideas?

I have never seen any decals on a 74-76 Cadillac valve cover. There were decals on the air cleaner housing and fan shroud. USA Parts Supply offers them in their catalog.

Take a look at the engine bay photos in the attached eBay auction. The location of the decals should be close to what your car had when it left the factory.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cadillac-Eldora...6314507?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c13f028b

Last edited:

Any ideas?

Richard, of all people, are you telling us you did not take a picture of the engine for reference before taking it apart!!!:poster_oops:

Richard, of all people, are you telling us you did not take a picture of the engine for reference before taking it apart!!!:poster_oops:

I didn't and I have a picture of the engine from every angle but the right side. Perhaps I was mistaken. :bonk: I'll look at the 73 to see if perhaps it has one.

I knew I wasn't crazy. Here are pictures of the decal on the right valve cover from my 73. This is the decal I'm looking for and need two.

Attachments

• NSB Christmas PArade 2010 001.jpg
    NSB Christmas PArade 2010 001.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 257
  • NSB Christmas PArade 2010 002.jpg
    NSB Christmas PArade 2010 002.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 276
This is an emissions inspection sticker so the likelihood of getting another one is extremely remote. Leads me to believe GM did not have these as Robert stated previously.

Wouldn't the emissions sticker vary depending on where the car was sold?

All commercial chassis cars have the same engine, and it is the same as the engine that was used in the Eldorado's, so there is a good chance that it might already have been reproduced or will be reproduced in the future. The only state to have a different emission standard was California, and there are a few states that used the California standard for cars sold in those states. The Commercial Chassis was a 50 state standard car, like the Eldorado's, due to the small production numbers.

Paul the Eldorado got the 500 cubic inch motor first in 1970. The CC was still using the 472 except for 75 and 76 which had the 500.
I wonder if this emissions sticker is on the motor of the CC cars as they left GM in-complete.

Back