Eureka Dome Lense

dome light lens

Nicholas,
I have seen these at the flea markets but never knew what they fit. My 61 M-M uses plastic lenses. Post the demensions and I will check them again next time I see them. I recognize the starburst in the center of the lense.
Mike

At first I thought you had posted a picture of a GM lens used late 1960's-mid 1970's or so.

It looks a lot like the plastic dome lens in a 1971 Oldsmobile I used to have. I suppose you may be able to make the plastic lenses work as a close substitute if the dimensions are right. Reproductions are available.

8732777.jpg

it is indeed the standard dome light out of the 60-70 GM cars. one is guessing the years but check a seller like usa parts to find the years you would need to look for

the 58 eurka we have here has the long dome lights in it with plastic lens. buy the mid 30s I don't think they could put glass in anything. that all went out when safety glass went in. do those screw in or have a tab lock. what I get for reading to fast. didn't understand what you were asking. the pattern is the same as the gm in the Buick's Chevy's and olds cars. but the shape is different. but there are not a dome light out of a Eurkia. check the thread out for those cars. a lot of factory interior shots there.

My 63 M&M and Superior have the plstic lense up top. Have a glass lense for the floor light.

My 63 Cad sedan has the glass lense for the rear courtesy light.

At first I thought you had posted a picture of a GM lens used late 1960's-mid 1970's or so.

It looks a lot like the plastic dome lens in a 1971 Oldsmobile I used to have. I suppose you may be able to make the plastic lenses work as a close substitute if the dimensions are right. Reproductions are available.

View attachment 13796

This is the same lens in the 71 nova we have on the lot. It is plastic.

It is the same pattern, however, it is not the same lens. The glass lens is retained in a different manner than the plastic lens. The two are not interchangeable, however, if you are not caring about originality, you could change the base, and use the more modern plastic base and lens.
I liken this to a SAE and a metric nut and bolt. Both will do the job, and both are interchangeable as a complete unit, but you cannot combine on half of each to make a whole unit.

one more reason to post more then one picture, one of the back side would tell . I can say there was not a glass lens in Brendon's 63, those twist in superior lights were a hard plastic. I'm positive they outlawed all glass when they went to the safety glass mandate. not saying that someone could have put one in if they so choose to do so. this is most likly the case. this 58 Eureka has the same dome lights as the 53 Pontiac I have

These I believe are the original glass dome lenses from late 50's to 64 Eureka, any other coach builder use Glass dome lenses?

Untitled by chicagohearse, on Flickr

I need to have these reproduced!

Why do you want to have these reproduced? The glass dome lenses should last forever. The plastic lenses are what disintegrated. I just took a pair of glass dome/sail panel lamp assemblies out of a '64 Cadillac Fleetwood a couple of weeks ago.... and yes they are glass. The flange is flat on my glass lenses however. Your photos have the appearance of a tapered flange.

Nicholas,
I missed your last post with the second photo. That is the exact same glass lense that was used in the '64 Fleetwood that I had mentioned. Measurements are exact. Are you needing more of these? The 2 that I have are available if you do.

Back