enough

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
the man that does the plating for me at Smitty's came across a set of the 53-54 wagon lights at a flee market. one was broken but all there the other was good. he payed 100 bucks for them. I told him I would take them off his hands. so he repaired the broken one and re plated then and sent them up to me. now I need to find some lens. the glo-bright ones are all I can locate and they don't have the same color as the guide ones if any one knows of a source let me know the guide number is R-2 the glo-bright number is GB-353

so tell me which one did he fix. I'll give you a hint it not the center one

Attachments

• IMG_7434.jpg
    IMG_7434.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 234
The guide numbers are not completely understood by me. Looks like the R2 means Pontiac the it's fallowed by the year the lens fits. I have one lapel​ed 51 and one 52. That are correct. But the R2 number comes up on mid 50 lens that are not the same.

Who would have thought finding a tail light would be this much work.

I would use whatever you have a pair of, without regard to it being a Guide or not. I have some Guide Buick lenses, and they are different in color depth, probably because they were made at different times. No need to obsess over something that you can't control, without spending a lot more money. Put them on, and start enjoying your car.

Ed...I'm with Paul on this one, find a matched pair, put them on the car and get on with enjoying it. I'll guarantee you that 99.999999% of the people who see the car wouldn't/couldn't tell the difference on a bet.

Enjoy life Ed, we're gettin' too damn old to be sweatin' the small stuff. The rule of thumb I use is very simple.......bein' born....BIG STUFF, dyin'....BIG STUFF, anything in between.....small stuff.

Another simple rule I use........those that matter, know and understand, those who don't matter screw'em they're not worth the effort it would take to convince them!!!!!

You ever notice how much smarter we get as we get older??????

Ed, your Dropshots site has been coming up blank for me for almost a week. Are you having problems at your end or is it just me?

We were out of town for awhile.. just started putting things on there the last couple days.
I'm about a year away from mounting these lights so we have time to find a set that are not all torn up. These look good in the pictures but have a lot of heat cracks. But trust me I'll run my best broken parts till I find better. Just about a month away from completing the 67 and this one is next.

Back