'63 Superior Combo in CA

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Seller is nuts if he thinks this combo is "priced to sell" at $14,500!!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
There is something with the rear suspension that let me think the car will need immediate attention. Combo? where are the cot bar and seats ? No cup for the stretcher leg too.

I guess that I was too busy looking at the cool snowflake upholstery! It is not a combo, but an end-loader.

1962 Superior Sovereign limousine style end-loader. The "snowflake" upholstery is an original Superior fitting as were the Barcelona draperies. I'm amazed that the draperies have held up as well as it appears to have done. This is a material known for disintegrating - especially when exposed to direct sunlight over the years. Interesting car that needs work but, they're asking far too much for it.

good potential if your interested in a hearse. I may know were there is a front bumper. the make a offer would be the rout I would go at around a third of the asking price.

In looking at the dash, steering wheel, and upholstery, this coach obviously spent most of its life in a garage. This coach would have presented better had the owner NOT done the "rattle can" touch ups and the ugly front bumper covers.

Whoops! I noticed that I'd mistakenly typed that this was a 1962 Superior Sovereign. Now, we all know that this is a 1963 model. I apologise for my rather large fingers and this error. I do, however, stand by my earlier comments regarding the interior trim materials and the draperies. From now on, I will try to be more careful of what I have written before I hit the "submit reply" button.

Keith,
Do you happen to know if this is the same "Snowflake" upholstery that Chrysler was offering in the 1960 and 1961 Chryslers? It looks the same in photos. If so, this material is still available through SMS. The Chrysler "Snowflake" is gorgeous and available in some great colors.

Kurt - Honestly I don't know but, it makes a lot of sense. I know that a lot of OEM past model components from various manuacturers have been used by professional vehicle coachbuilders over the years (both interior and exterior parts) and, considering what you've said and the years quoted, I'd bet there's strong possibility that you are 100% correct. It would be interesting to do a comparison - the material and pattern from Superior with that from Chrysler.

I still have a big chunk of this material out of a '60 Chrysler New Yorker. It was on the back of the driver's seat on a sedan that I parted out.

Back