1953 Chrysler Ambulance in IN

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Awesone rig! Note the "Ambulance" script on the left fender. Originally served in MI.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Chrysl...n-/282164866212?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Starting bid: US $1,953.00

this is s super rare and decent 1953 Chrysler Town and Country wagon that was a factory ambulance for the Grosse Pointe Farms Michigan Fire Department. It was used until 1968 and then sold to a golf course where it say until last year. The previous owner removed the original 265 Spitfire straight six and transmission to install a small block Chevy but never did. The original driveline is no longer around.
If I keep it, I will also do a sbc with a FatMan IFS.
The interior is the original brown alligator skin and is super cool. The front seat is split at the seams in a few places and could probably be repaired. The rear seat is a split bench that folds down independently if it's being used as an ambulance. That's what makes this car cool: it's a station wagon first and an ambulance second. It's got some documentation for the conversion and has its original ambulance badges plus some super cool license plate toppers. I also have the roof sirens and P.A. Speakers to warn folks to get out of the water during shark attacks :). And also the correct Motorola P.A. System for inside the car (same as a police car). The roof light bar is missing the gutter mounts to secure it to the roof. I'm trying to find some now. There's also a huge siren on the passenger front fender.
The body is very solid with minor rust in the front floors and some previous OLD accident damage to the passenger side rear. The paint is terrible and I love it just the way it sits. I started to reletter the car but stopped short of putting the Fire Department logo back on the back doors because a new owner might want to have it be for some other Fire Department.
I've just put brand new Coker wide white walls all around. It rolls and steers great,
I also just purchased a very rare Car-Pac wooden roof rack from 1953 that's the Perfect size for this wagon to hold a surf board or whatever.
I've also got the original license plate toppers that say "Community Rescue".
I also have some yellow accessory fog lights that are correct for this car.
I've got a 350 engine and also a 1952 Chrysler driveline with SUPER RARE Edmunds finned aluminum racing head, Mallory ducoil ognition, and a tripower that I can list separately if needed. It is not included in this auction.
Title is clear. I can recommend shippers of need be.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 215
still cant figure people out. if your going to change the six out on your Chrysler why not go with a 318 and a torkflite. they are easy to find and cheap to.

Now, I don't have my reference library with me here in New Mexico, but isn't this actually a '51 Chrysler T&C? That hood ornament was only used in '51(one of my very favorite hood ornaments). I guess it is possible that they swapped front clips at some point.

Back