'78 Superior Parts Car In MD

That will be a very expensive bumper, because I am not in the scrap business. It would be too expensive to move. I am strongly thinking of selling my 1978 Superior ambulance, and let someone else finish putting it together. It is better than 95% assembled, and with fresh paint on it, it looks great. All the parts are in the car, except for the bumper. Unlike most cars of that vintage, this one was a relatively rust free car, and the one door that did have rust at the bottom, the rust was cut out and repaired with a section from a rust free door. If the shop had only stayed open for another week, the car would have been done.

Just a heads-up. I sent my '77 S&S rear bumper to 'The Chrome Guy' in L.A. (818 area code) and, after waiting months to get it back, he admitted he LOST it so, be careful who you use.

There's quite a bit on him over on the HAMB of the Jalopy Journal along with "Bumper Boyz". And not too complementary....

I've only used local (Detroit area) platers so I am no help on a referral.

Just a heads-up. I sent my '77 S&S rear bumper to 'The Chrome Guy' in L.A. (818 area code) and, after waiting months to get it back, he admitted he LOST it so, be careful who you use.

A bumper is a big item to loose, so that must mean that he sold it to someone else. In my case, the shop went out of business, and when they were cleaning up, had a scrapper come in for the iron. All that I can think of is that he picked up everything that he could put his hands on, including my bumper that was out back in what was supposed to be the locked cage. Picked the car up as soon as I got the call that they were closing, and went back the next morning for anything else that might have been left behind. Found a box with some broken dash parts because someone drove over it, but no bumper in sight.

I hear very little that is good about The Bumper Boyz. I would not personally deal with them. There are many shops willing to do better quality work for the same pricing.

Back