1988 AHA Lincoln Limo

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
It has an AHA ID Plate and insignia, looks like a beauty, but where is the limo? Maybe you guys know something I don't

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linc...ash=item2ef3fd0ade:g:BJkAAOSw-kdXzW3A&vxp=mtr

Reserve auction.

This is a 1988 AHA Collectors series Lincoln Town car. (See certificate picture) It has 134000 miles on it but looks and drives like its 34000 miles. I am NOT an auto dealer; I’m a certified auto repair shop. I am selling it for the owner’s widow. EVERYTHING except the outside thermometer on this car works and works great. Full leather interior with 6 way electric seats in front. 5.0 liter fuel injected V-8. 17 city and 25 HWY. This is a 2 owner car. It was purchased in New York, driven to Ft. Lauderdale and there it sat for a few years when it was sold to the second (Long Term) owner. The second owner, who recently passed, absolutely adored this car as you can see by its condition. The underside of the car is rust free. It has limo tint on the windows and ICE COLD A/C. Original spare, floor mats and key lock for the hub caps. Even have the security door key pad code. 2 key fobs and 2 sets of keys. It’s been maintained by Ford dealerships, (Has a new Ford battery in it) has auto dim headlights, Heated mirrors, Factory security, auto air ride just to mention a few. Never wrecked or painted, body is perfect

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 239
As you have wisely pointed out, the use of the word limousine is something of a misnomer when used in reference to this particular vehicle. It is simply a gussied-up standard-wheelbase Lincoln Town Car. It features a special vinyl roof treatment with a reduced-size backlight and some "executive" amenities in the passenger compartment (writing tables, goose-neck lamps, etc) but, isn't really a limousine. More like the "Towne Limousines" Lincoln marketed in 1959-1960 that were built by H&E - but, considerably less spacious. This particular vehicle is an appearance option by AHA for the most part - although they did built similar units with short wheelbase extensions and glass partitions that would have really qualified for the "Towne Limousine" or even the "Limousine" moniker.

Back