Removing a Headliner from a 71 M-M Lifeliner

Russell Dalziel

President MotorCity Chapter
HI everyone I am Seeking Information from Anyone who has Removed their headliner. I know that it is attached by clips. But how are they removed
Pull. Squeeze Etc If at all Possible I need to Re Use these Unless I can find them Locally

Thanks

Russ

HI everyone I am Seeking Information from Anyone who has Removed their headliner. I know that it is attached by clips. But how are they removed
Pull. Squeeze Etc If at all Possible I need to Re Use these Unless I can find them Locally

Thanks

Russ

Good luck Russ and when you do yours take lots of pictures so when my time comes I can do it.

richard

the headliner is always a guess as to how they did them. if you remove a few pieces of trim you can usually tell if it was glued screwed or stuck on with teeth. you start on the bottom and work your way up, in some places it means start at the floor. the walls are put on in layers and you just start at the last one till the bottom edge of the headliner is reviled. then in most its the headliner on first and you work your way down. to the last piece of trim agents the floor. they can be held in place with a number of different ways on the same car. but slow and easy is the way you do it don't pry or tug hard or you will tear something. if its vinyl you working soften it up with some spray on tire foam. spray it on. let it sit and wipe it off with a towel.
it will help keep the vinyl from splitting and clean it up. you get to were you can't understand what you need to do. take a picture and send it I may be able to walk you threw were you are. ;)

Thanks

Russ

Russ, were you removing with hopes of re-using it?

don't know about yours but I found out today that a 73 S&S is screwed glued and nailed.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 129
Back