Wanted 1976 Miller Meteor Landau roof trim

Hi. I have a 1976 Miller Meteor 3-way hearse. I am looking for the stainless trim which runs at an angle on the rear roof sides and across the rear door. This trim separates the vinyl roof from the body paintwork. Trim from 1973 to 75 may also be the same as the 1976 Miller Meteor trim. Thank you.

Trim

Hi. I have a 1976 Miller Meteor 3-way hearse. I am looking for the stainless trim which runs at an angle on the rear roof sides and across the rear door. This trim separates the vinyl roof from the body paintwork. Trim from 1973 to 75 may also be the same as the 1976 Miller Meteor trim. Thank you.

Might have it , if you could post a few pics that you help clarify what you need and the shape, if it has some remaining trim still on it.

Sincere there were several roof trim variations offered (Eterna, Olympian, Landau Traditional, etc.), we can't tell what you're looking for without a model name or photos.

Please post when you can--OR--e-mail them to me and I'll ID the trim package for you: stevenbloftin@yahoo.com

Hi Daniel and Steve

Thank you for your replies.
The trim I am looking for was removed from the coach by the previous owner when they had it painted. I have taken some pictures with blue tape indicating which trim I am looking for. While I am at it, do you perhaps have the rear quarter top fender trim for left and right sides as indicated on my pictures. The previous owner put rivets through them. I am trying to get all the parts together before restoring the body work of my hearse. Fortunately the interior is in very good condition.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 180522135818_image.jpg
    180522135818_image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 180522135822_image.jpg
    180522135822_image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 143
The trim that has the rivets in it, can be repaired by welding the holes shut, and then sanded and polished. Better if you can find an original that isn't damaged, but giving you all the options.

My guess would be they broke or lost all the steel clips for the fin molding. The plastic set for the belt line trim were plastic with one t bolt in the rear. I'll look for some pictures. When i get on the computer. If you could find were the car was painted at you may find them.

My guess would be they broke or lost all the steel clips for the fin molding. The plastic set for the belt line trim were plastic with one t bolt in the rear. I'll look for some pictures. When i get on the computer. If you could find were the car was painted at you may find them.
Thanks John. I would really appreciate any pictures you may have. The car was painted many years ago when they changed the colour from black to white and removed the padded vinyl. I asked the previous owner if they had these parts, but they didn't unfortunately.

they were most lily left in the body shop. that on is a wide molding here are a few pictures of the clips not a good one of the back door but you get the pictures. they are a off set plastic. with a lock pin some were in this album or the #2 on this 75 is more pictures. https://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/albums/149937
as I recall the ends were steel of some sort. then did a lot of stacked washers and steel tabs on the quarter joint. a subject to rust. then the plastic one you needed to push the pin in to get it to release. there are some still around if you get lucky but they are no longer produced. if you have the offset plastic you can use a wood down to lock them in with. as I recall there was a steel snap over clip in between the corner and the end. it was rusted out on one side so I cut the other in two to make two of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 135
Trim

Hi Daniel and Steve

Thank you for your replies.
The trim I am looking for was removed from the coach by the previous owner when they had it painted. I have taken some pictures with blue tape indicating which trim I am looking for. While I am at it, do you perhaps have the rear quarter top fender trim for left and right sides as indicated on my pictures. The previous owner put rivets through them. I am trying to get all the parts together before restoring the body work of my hearse. Fortunately the interior is in very good condition.

Thanks for the help.

Looks like the same trim was used on the C/B,s . Pic of my 72 might be another source for the trim rather than just the M-M,s .Same company probably used the same trim?

Attachments

• 20171013_150635.jpg
    20171013_150635.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 132
  • 20171013_150640.jpg
    20171013_150640.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 128
That would work but it less the half as wide as the 75.. Or at least the criterion. Guess i will have to go look at a few pictures.

they were most lily left in the body shop. that on is a wide molding here are a few pictures of the clips not a good one of the back door but you get the pictures. they are a off set plastic. with a lock pin some were in this album or the #2 on this 75 is more pictures. https://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/albums/149937
as I recall the ends were steel of some sort. then did a lot of stacked washers and steel tabs on the quarter joint. a subject to rust. then the plastic one you needed to push the pin in to get it to release. there are some still around if you get lucky but they are no longer produced. if you have the offset plastic you can use a wood down to lock them in with. as I recall there was a steel snap over clip in between the corner and the end. it was rusted out on one side so I cut the other in two to make two of them.

Thank you for the pictures John, these are really helpful. It helps taking pictures of everything on these cars as you did, one never knows who may need this information down the line.

Back