Sad Pro-Cars

I found this one a while back when headed to look at some other hearses. It was sitting behind a funeral home and they said it was not for sale. Sad to see because its really solid car.

6811693237_949b741f10_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6811684537_0db6bda9df_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

It just goes to show you that 1. Just when you think an old procar is long gone, a picture shows up to show you that it was around longer than you may have thought and 2. Interest in pro cars starts at an early age!
Kurt

Number 2 is funny but true. When I was about eight or nine I went to my first funeral. I remember running down the hallway at the FH and being greeted by the '87-88 M&M Lincoln. When I got home I built a "casket car" out of my building blocks and performed removals from my cousin's dollhouse. 24 years later, I still play with hearses!

Number 2 is funny but true. When I was about eight or nine I went to my first funeral. I remember running down the hallway at the FH and being greeted by the '87-88 M&M Lincoln. When I got home I built a "casket car" out of my building blocks and performed removals from my cousin's dollhouse. 24 years later, I still play with hearses!

I agree. I made a hearse out of a matchbox station wagon when I was about 10 and still have it. You had fire trucks, ambulances and cop cars, but no one died come on. I bought my first real hearse when I was 16 and have owned one (or more) for daily drivers ever since.

I found this one a while back when headed to look at some other hearses. It was sitting behind a funeral home and they said it was not for sale. Sad to see because its really solid car.

6811693237_949b741f10_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6811684537_0db6bda9df_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

From "Superior The Complete History" by Thomas A. McPherson, page 342: "1970 Superior-Cadillac Crown Sovereign Funeral Car - Once again, demand for coaches designed exclusively as end-loading funeral cars exceeded that for combination cars and Superior delivered 399 such vehicles of all styles and in all series variations. Retaining all of the traditional Crown styling cues, the 1970 Crown Sovereign and Crown Royale limousine funeral cars listed for $13,239.00 as end-loaders, $14,399.00 with the convenience of a Super-Manual three-way table and $14,981.00 with a Superior Super-Matic three-way casket table. Buyers were given a choice of finishes for the rear roof canopy on the Crown models. With a painted finish matching the body, there was no extra charge. There was also no extra charge when this section was given a black Morocco finish. Should a customer desire a Morocco finish in any other color, there was a $25.00 charge. A parchment top in any color was available for an extra $22.00."

Abe

Pet cemetery

This '71 Superior has been sitting in the same spot in front of a run down pet cemetery since I was a teenager coming to Wichita (30 some years) ....many people have sought to purchase, but to no avail. At least it has been under the canopy all that time. It's totally restorable, but really going down fast. Very sad.

Attachments

• pet cemetery1.jpg
    pet cemetery1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 726
  • pet cemetery2.jpg
    pet cemetery2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 723
  • pet inside.jpg
    pet inside.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 718
I was seeing if anyone was paying attention..ha ha. It's either 69 or 70...who knows for sure?

Attachments

• pet 3.jpg
    pet 3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 704
I was seeing if anyone was paying attention..ha ha. It's either 69 or 70...who knows for sure?

I can tell the difference between a 71, 72, or 73 Cadillac from half a block away just looking at the headlights and turn signal configurations. But the 69s and 70s are way harder for me.

Abe

Salvage yard (Lawton, OK)
1968 Royale Tiara Limousine combination

This shot was taken on a Sunday. The next time I'm through on a weekday, I'll get a better look at the car to see what's worth salvaging.

Attachments

• 68 SC Lawton salvage yard.jpg
    68 SC Lawton salvage yard.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,024
The grille and tail lights are also different. A 69 has 9 vertical bars in the grill and tail lights you can see from the side of the car. 1970 has 13 vertical bars in the grill and tail lights are enclosed from the side, and has marker lights in the closed off portion. Also 70 has a v'ed lamp or reflector in the bumper, 69 does not.

Sad Pro Cars

More salvage yard photos taken last week.
Kurt

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 864
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 801
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 803
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 805
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 801
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 801
More Sad Pro Cars

More photos. Same 3 cars.
Kurt

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 783
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 780
'63 Paramount Ambulance

Very rare! Wanted to cry when I saw this Paramount! It has the roller shades that are contained within the door/side panels and pull up from the bottom of the windows. Did all Paramounts ambulances have these shades, or was this a M/M option?
Kurt

Very rare! Wanted to cry when I saw this Paramount! It has the roller shades that are contained within the door/side panels and pull up from the bottom of the windows. Did all Paramounts ambulances have these shades, or was this a M/M option?
Kurt

Vani-shades were a M-M option for most if not all models.

Back