Rear Brake Drums for a '73 Cadillac Hearse required

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of rear brake drums for a
1973 Cadillac CC Hearse ?

A parts store name and or a current part number would be appreciated very much.

Thanks,
Darren

any auto parts store should carry the drums for a 73 cadillac they should be the same as a regular caddy

my 87 Eureka was different only because Tom used a different real axle on his front wheel drive cars my rear brakes are from a 1987 Pontiac GT disc brakes

NAPA Parts Store

Sorry, can't help you with actual #'s, but all the brake parts for our 1956 and 1973 Cadillac Commercial Chassis Cars were obtained from our local NAPA Parts Store. As I recall they were from a GMC Pickup of the same or earlier year model. MM

If you do a search for "brake drum", you will find lots of information that was previously posted about this subject.

They are ordered ! I will pick them up in Flint MI on Friday before I go to Back to the Bricks !

Daniel - THANKS ! The part number and shop name with link was a bonus !!!

Mike is CA - Thanks, the mechanic said they looked like P/U brakes when he looked at them.

Mike in ON - Thanks, they are different than regular Cadillac and locally they are out of stock.

Paul - Thanks, I did a search and read the threads but never found a part number or store to try.

I ended up phoning a O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Flint as I will be there in 3 days. He ordered them and they will be there tomorrow morning.

I asked about a Master Cylinder cover rubber gasket as well.
He didn't have those listed but be did say he has a new Master Cylinder in stock for 38.00 !!! ...or a rebuilt one for 16.00 !!! Both with lifetime warranty.

I know USAautoparts has just the cover for 10.00 plus shipping.

I will just get the 16.00 complete master cylinder and use the gasket out of it. SAME PRICE as buying just the gasket from USAautoparts.

I may even just order the new one for 38.00 and have it installed.

THANKS to all who posted.

Darren

:thumb::thankyou2:

Daniel

I found finned rear Cadillac CC drums at O'Reily Auto Parts ! :thumb:

ONLY 59.00 each !!!

Here are the photos of them.

Wooooohoooooooooo,
Darren

P.S. I bought the brand new master cylinder as well for only 38.00 !!!

Attachments

• DSCI5463 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI5463 (640x480).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCI5464 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI5464 (640x480).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 233
Here is the part number for future reference... and searches on this site.

1973 Cadillac Commercial Chassis Rear Drums
2104DGS O'Reilly Auto Parts #

Comes with a 2 year warranty.

Price was 59.99 on 8-17-12

Gotta love it,
Darren

Back