Trying to locate

I am trying to help locate a Cadillac ambulance built by Miler-Meteor that once belonged to the Norfolk Ambulance Service (or Creighton Ambulance Company) from Nebraska. We were told it was located in a museum in San Diego that has ambulances and fire trucks on display. The Cadillac was restored to its original shape with supposedly Norfolk Ambulance Company (or Creighton Ambulance or Northeastern Ambulance Services) on it. The guy’s name who restored it was Mike (unknown last). The reason we know about it is because Mike contacted the owner of Norfolk Ambulance to get the company’s history.

I'm helping the owner of the company to locate this ambulance because the original owner is his grandparents and his grandmother would love to see it. Any ideas would be great!

I am trying to help locate a Cadillac ambulance built by Miler-Meteor that once belonged to the Norfolk Ambulance Service (or Creighton Ambulance Company) from Nebraska. We were told it was located in a museum in San Diego that has ambulances and fire trucks on display. The Cadillac was restored to its original shape with supposedly Norfolk Ambulance Company (or Creighton Ambulance or Northeastern Ambulance Services) on it. The guy’s name who restored it was Mike (unknown last). The reason we know about it is because Mike contacted the owner of Norfolk Ambulance to get the company’s history.

I'm helping the owner of the company to locate this ambulance because the original owner is his grandparents and his grandmother would love to see it. Any ideas would be great!

Ali: I did (briefly) own the Ambulance you are looking for that was a 1974 Cadillac / Miller-Meteor "Criterion" painted Omaha Orange & White that did belong to the Norfolk Ambulance Service in Norfolk, NE., when it was near new. I believe PCS President Tony Karsnia has it's spec's logged in on the Northland-PCS Chapter Website. It migrated to (CA) circa the mid 90's via (the late) Paul Nix from Arleta, CA. He sold it to a young person who apparently didn't have the license fees paid current resulting in it being towed and impounded. Jim Crabtree bought it thru a lien sale from the tow company. I bought it from Jim and "horse-traded" it to Hewy & Ruth Wick. They in turn sold it to a young person in Los Angeles who was going to restore it. When I owned it.... it was in good shape mechanically, the interior and patient compartment was complete and near pristine, but the lower body was a major rust out and a little more than I wanted to tackle at the time. (*) I sent an e-mail to Hewy & Ruth Wick earlier today from your other inquiry to Dave (CSFA Steamer Owner) Hubert to see if they remember who they sold it too... it's current condition and location. I kind of doubt though that it's in museum somewhere, unless their Buyer had REALLY DEEP pockets. Good Luck! MM

Back