2eqgw2x.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,587
  • 181108.jpg
    181108.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Pq4E7si-3bb7e5caf238440d8a011eebc5eceb22.jpg
    Pq4E7si-3bb7e5caf238440d8a011eebc5eceb22.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,088
That Coulters' ambulance must have been a sight coming down the road all lit up. Gotta love those Buckeye lights on the front fenders!

I have some Ford Lincoln Mercury pix that I have taken over the years, but to see them you have to attend an Iowa Hawkeye Chapter event. :4_11_9:

That Coulters' ambulance must have been a sight coming down the road all lit up. Gotta love those Buckeye lights on the front fenders!
I had a long talk with Mr. Coulter a few months back, and he was telling me all about ordering that car new, and how other than a 47 Cadillac limo he had, the 56 Ford was the best car he had ever owned. He said he also had a matching 55., that got wrecked and todeled pretty erly in life. He was really proud of that 56, and even prouder when I told him it was on the cover of the Weller book. They still have a picture of it hanging in the Funeral Home. Oh yeah, and as far as the lights go, I beleave that was the thing he was most proud of. He also told me that his grandfather was the first Funeral Director to have a motorized hearse in the state of Tennessee, and he still has a picture of it somewhere.

Josh

IIRC,

Everyone, please consider that some of our members don't understand the language of texting, so please spell out the words and not use abreviations in your posts...:thankyou2: thanks

Please keep in mind that when you see pictures on the Internet that they are intellectual property and belong to others. I have had some complaints from members on these forums that some of the pictures being posted belong to them, and that they feel that if the picture is to be posted, they should be the one posting it. I realize that almost everyone has taken pictures off of the web, and have posted them, but please don't get upset when the picture is removed as a result of a complaint. thanks Paul

Good Will Fire Co. No. 1 (New Castle, DE)
1936 Siebert/Ford
1942 Siebert/Ford

(SL collection)

Attachments

• New Castle 36_001 (Medium).jpg
    New Castle 36_001 (Medium).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,107
  • New Castle 42_001 (Medium).jpg
    New Castle 42_001 (Medium).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,048
Jim Green F.H. (Pryor, OK)
1971 SEC/Mercury

Safety Equipment Co. of Eldorado, KS was operated by Bob Dietz. Medical and ambulance supplies were sold, and ambulances were built on van
and Suburban as well as station wagon chassis. Their hightop wagon job was called a Medic Jr. and featured a full interior conversion. This particular car had a 400 engine and was like driving a JET (spelled f-a-s-t)! She was built for Enid (OK) Ambulance Service, who traded it in 1975 for a used Pontiac hightops. Jim Green then bought it for use at his Salina, OK facility. It was later sold to Village Ambulance Service in Cherryvale, KS.

(SL photo)

Attachments

• JGFH 71 Mercury_001.jpg
    JGFH 71 Mercury_001.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,090
Mercury Meteor

Meteor was the Canadian version of the Mercury for many years. This '64 station wagon conversion was done by a local body shop in Winnipeg, Manitoba for Irish Ambulance. Originally it was painted a beige color with contrasting bright green lettering. It was later acquired by Halliday's Ambulance in Swan River, Manitoba as pictured here.

Attachments

• Halliday001.jpg
    Halliday001.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 3,494
While the 1960 Siebert hightop ambulance conversion was somewhat attractive, the hearse version was not. Later, Siebert offered a full-length contoured roof cap for their hearse and combination cars. It had lower headroom and fit the lines of the cars (through the 1964 model year) much better.

Attachments

• Siebert 60.jpg
    Siebert 60.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,929
Back