1973 Cadillac hearse

it they had any class they would have repositioned the caddy letters horizontal. that would have left them scratching there heads

The '58 fins are so cool (on a '58)...I wish the owner would have restored the '58 rather than devaluing the '73.
That said, I hope it was fun....

CS

Channing,
I agree with you in that the owner of this coach wasted his time(and money) in building this creation and messed up the '73, but there are plenty of really rough '58 Cadillacs in salvage yards around this country that have very nice fins. Usually the car attached to those fins will never be restored by anyone due to the car's condition. I have no issue in cutting up, or parting out a non-restorable '58 Cadillac as I would rather see these "features" preserved as "art", than see them crushed with the carcass that they were attached to.

no Johnny's only had one tail fin. two headlights on the right one of the left and all three came on when he pull the switch. :D

The car was built by me when i was 21 years old.A kid with no money. the the 58 was rotting into the ground. Nothing left. I wanted a 59 in the wurst way. I now own a 60 crown, and a 69 crown. The 73 was on its last legs when i bought it. The car already had more bondo stuffed in it then i have ever seen. It really was no loss to the world. I fixed all the mechanics beautifully, put the fins on it, and drove it quite happily for 13 years till i was in a better position in life,and more knowledgeable about pro cars in general.

As for restoring a 58??? Good luck when your 21 and living on a 8.35 an hr factory job..

By the way, i never thought the fins looked that great on her. Hey i tried.. We have all done things we don't like now that we are older.

This sight is all about original cars,and i support that. I am about that to As my 60 will be restored as original as i am able. I also apoligise for my haters post. (Just a human reaction when anybody trashes your work)

In all fairness, it was good work. That car sat outside the whole 13 years i owned it. Those fins held up well. I am half tempted to buy her back tho.. I just might make an offer.

I would hate to see some of my work after that time. . but you could buy it back and reposition the fins a little and have the only one around. funny how these cars that are far gone to fix last forever. ;)

There are a lot of things i didn't like when the car was finished. The fin positioning was one of them. Like i said, it was a plan of a broke kid who loved hearses and tail fins.

I still am amazed that car is still around. I figured it would be crushed within a year or 2 of the sale.

We all did things when we were young that we later lived to regret. I bought a '40 Miller LaSalle combo when I was in my early 20s that I gutted to build a limo(stupid). I also finished tearing the floor out of a '56 Meteor 3-way landau that was partially gutted when I purchased it, also in my early 20s. I regret having done both today, but that was a long time ago(early '80s).

I am also a collector of Imperials. Some of the biggest collectors of Imperials started out driving them in the demolition derbies. Now some of these same guys all but cry when they see one being wrecked!

Back