Coach dealer and builder letter heads and correspondence collection!

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
After viewing the chassis specific picture postings started by Mr. Loftin and the recent Criterion postings by Mr. Vyse I though I would share some more of the rarer coach builder items that are collectibles as well. Letter heads and correspondence from coach builders and coach dealers. Most of us collect the coach builder sales literature but I though I would share part of my collection besides the typical photos and sales literature! My first round is from the Henney Coach Company and a couple Henney agents to the Tennessee Funeral Directors Association during the early 1950's! Here we go! The names and dates say it all! If anyone has anything like this in their collection please do share!!!

(Ledford collection)

Attachments

• Henney  letter 1.jpg
    Henney letter 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Henney  letter 2.jpg
    Henney letter 2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Henney  letter 3.jpg
    Henney letter 3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Henney  letter 4.jpg
    Henney letter 4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Henney  letter 5.jpg
    Henney letter 5.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 283
Here is an envelope to the T.F.D.A. from L.D. Penticoff whom was an agent for the Henney Motor Company. In the late 1950's and early 1960's he was also an agent for the Dixie Coach Company as well.

(Ledford Collection)

Attachments

• Henney  letter 6.jpg
    Henney letter 6.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 286
In the latter part of his career, "Red" Penticoff sold S&S products in Florida for Tom Norton. He was the kind of salesman that customers would buy from no matter what product he sold.

And now for some correspondence to the T.F.D.A. from Superior Coach and a few of their agents!

(Ledford Collection)

Attachments

• Superior 1.jpg
    Superior 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Superior 2.jpg
    Superior 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Superior 3.jpg
    Superior 3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Superior 4.jpg
    Superior 4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Superior 5.jpg
    Superior 5.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 248
And now for a word from a few of the Memphis boys!

Prolly one of the most unique pieces of correspondence in this collection I have is from Weller Bros.!

(Ledford Collection)

Attachments

• barnette 1.jpg
    barnette 1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Weller 1.jpg
    Weller 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 247
  • Economy tellegram.jpg
    Economy tellegram.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 252
The last two offerings from this part of my collection are from the S&S Distributors of C.F. Jackson and Robert P. Rucker of Nashville. Robert Rucker succeeded C.F. Jackson as the Tennessee and Kentucky Distributor for S&S in about 1951 or 1952 and remained a distributor for S&S until the early 1970's in Nashville.

Note the spelling of Nashville on the Rucker letter head!

(Ledford Collection)

Attachments

• C.F. Jackson S&S.jpg
    C.F. Jackson S&S.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 269
  • Rucker S&S.jpg
    Rucker S&S.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 263
vhgwo8.jpg

Back