1969 Miller-Meteor

I haven't listed my 1969 Miller Meteor Volunteer as of yet, however, if anyone is looking for one that is ready to drive and enjoy, mine is for sale. Body and paint by Ed Renstrom, everything in the front suspension has been replaced, includes upper/lower ball joints, upper/lower control arm bushing, shock, relay rod, and idler arm. Newly rebuilt steering box, brake pads and linings front and rear, brake hoses and new cylinders, and front shocks. Has AM-FM stereo radio by Cadillac, newly re-cored correct radiator. Front and rear bumpers have been rechromed. Rebuilt carburetor, and recent tune up. Exhaust manifold gaskets replaced, new head bolts and exhaust bolts, new valve seals and gaskets. Rebuilt transmission.
This is all that I can think of right now. The only thing that needs attention is that the clock doesn't work, and the speedometer only goes to 40 MPH, but the odometer keeps accurate count of the miles. Have a spare speedometer..

:wwpics::needpics::myopinion:

How much you asking, Paul? I am so excited to FINALLY get my first pro-car I can hardly stand it!

I haven't listed my 1969 Miller Meteor Volunteer as of yet, however, if anyone is looking for one that is ready to drive and enjoy, mine is for sale. Body and paint by Ed Renstrom, everything in teh front suspension has been replaced, includes upper/lower ball joints, upper/lower control arm bushing, shock, relay rod, and idler arm. Newly rebuilt steering box, brakes pads and linings front and rear, brake hoses and new cylinders. Front shocks. Has AM-FM stereo radio by Cadillac, newly re-cored correct radiator. Front and rear bumpers re-chomed. Rebuilt carburetor, and recent tune up. Exhaust manifold gaskets replace, new valve seals and gaskets. Rebuilt transmission.
This is all that I can think of right now. The only thing that needs attention is the clock doesn't work, and the speedometer only goes to 40 MPH, but the odometer keeps accurate count of the miles. Have a spare speedometer..

I read this 3 times and I still don't see a price!!!

I am going to start the price at less than I have invested, $25,000, however, I am open to offers. Buying a car isn't the expensive part, restoring it back to original is.
I forgot to mention that it has a new red Armstrong Colonial Classic linoleum floor in the rear. It presently has a B & M Super Chief on the roof, however, I will be removing it and installing the original Federal Q that it came with from Miller Meteor in 1969.

Lower left screw in the bezel is to long. It catches the bottom of needle as it goes up. Did the same thing on the 67. There is one short screw as you assemble it. It worked when i drove it.

I still havent received my finders fee from when I found it for you:p

I sent you your finders fee in a USPS stamped envelope with a picture of George Washington on it. It should have been there by now. Just can't trust the post office to deliver mail quickly any longer... :D

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 302
Lower left screw in the bezel is to long. It catches the bottom of needle as it goes up. Did the same thing on the 67. There is one short screw as you assemble it. It worked when i drove it.

Thanks for the hint.. I will check to see if I made this mistake. Paul

There are statements in this listing that lead me to believe this ambulance is probably going to need everything, but for the current money, it could be a chance yo get into a Sixties hightop.

Well Bill, I have practically begged Paul for pictures, and he's not playing. :p

Not until I can get it cleaned for pictures. It was in storage all winter, and it has been too hot to clean the car. I want to sell it, and my price is a starting point, however, I am a motivated seller. Just don't want to take it to eBay or Bring a Trailer. Rather it stay in the PCS family.

Whomever gets this car is going to need a lot of missing items. Here is the list that the seller has given, and who knows what else in missing or worn out.
This ambulance will be sold without lights and sirens.No A

pilar lights,no rear worklight,no 4 corner beacons,no center beacon,

no 2 chrome sirens.Those will go on a shelf in my home...

These items alone are going to cost you quite a bit to locate and purchase. The 4 corner beacons are worth at least $1000 for the 4, and if you need to purchase glass lenses for them, if you can find them, they are going to be expensive. Many times the motors themselves are worn out, and they are not inexpensive to buy. I wouldn't consider this car, because it is more a gamble than I would want to take. Also, parts are no longer as inexpensive as they once were. I needed 4 rubber bushings for one of my cars, and they used to be 2 or 3 dollars each. I paid $10 each for them last week! All these things add up to big dollars, as anyone that has ever restored a car will tell you. To rechrome the front and rear bumpers, you are looking at $3000 each, or $6000 for the pair. I am not trying to talk you out of it, or to scare you, just pointing out the reality of costs of restoration today. Don't believe me, ask Ed Renstrom, because he has his fingers on the pulse of today's costs better then any one here.

Whomever gets this car is going to need a lot of missing items. Here is the list that the seller has given, and who knows what else in missing or worn out.

These items alone are going to cost you quite a bit to locate and purchase. The 4 corner beacons are worth at least $1000 for the 4, and if you need to purchase glass lenses for them, if you can find them, they are going to be expensive. Many times the motors themselves are worn out, and they are not inexpensive to buy. I wouldn't consider this car, because it is more a gamble than I would want to take. Also, parts are no longer as inexpensive as they once were. I needed 4 rubber bushings for one of my cars, and they used to be 2 or 3 dollars each. I paid $10 each for them last week! All these things add up to big dollars, as anyone that has ever restored a car will tell you. To rechrome the front and rear bumpers, you are looking at $3000 each, or $6000 for the pair. I am not trying to talk you out of it, or to scare you, just pointing out the reality of costs of restoration today. Don't believe me, ask Ed Renstrom, because he has his fingers on the pulse of today's costs better then any one here.

Good thing I don't have you on the floor selling caskets for me. :eek:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203054187658

Had been on marketplace for some time for $5000. Now being auctioned without lights/siren.
This was my father's and my first ambulance, which we bought from Rhawnhurst-Bustleton Volunteer Ambulance in Philadelphia, PA. We eventually sold it, and it was sold at least three times since. It's a shame to see how it has deteriorated over the years. Too far gone for me to reacquire, and I have one just like it now. :(

Good thing I don't have you on the floor selling caskets for me. :eek:

As a casket salesman, my moto would be.. "every one comes with a lifetime guarantee!" or "I guarantee a forever time of comfortable slumber" "Never had an occupant of the casket ever have a comfort complain". Do I get the job??

Back