1976 S&S Tail lights

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
I know this has been asked before but in doing a "search" on the forum, I cant locate the original posts. What did S&S and others use for tail light lenses in the 75-76 Cadillac coaches. I have a friend with a 76 S&S Centennial edition Cadillac and he needs both a left and a right tail light lens. or, if any one has a pair they might be willing to sell?

Tailghts

74-76 Are all the same . They are 74-75 mid size Chevy station wagon . The Olds and Pontiac will work but are slightly different in appearance.

PT#S in pic.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
The aluminum bezel are pro car only. So if he needs them he is still looking. But i do have a set of lights. Not the best in the world but they are all there.

They are all one piece. Glued plastic. If he is interested in the set i have here drop me a line I'll shoot you some pictures and a price. The big thing with them is the back up bulbs tend to melt the lens. If you put in the leds they do a lot better.

I also have the lenses and the plastic lense housings (that go behind the bumper), which also tended to melt/distort from bulbs and exhaust issues. As mentioned, the plastic housings and lenses are '74-'77 Chevrolet Malibu wagon lenses.

As Ed mention, the chrome-plated pot metal outer frames(Cadillac C.C. only) are rare as hen's teeth! I have sparesof those too, but not anxious to part with them.

Tailghts

I also have the lenses and the plastic lense housings (that go behind the bumper), which also tended to melt/distort from bulbs and exhaust issues. As mentioned, the plastic housings and lenses are '74-'77 Chevrolet Malibu wagon lenses.

As Ed mention, the chrome-plated pot metal outer frames(Cadillac C.C. only) are rare as hen's teeth! I have sparesof those too, but not anxious to part with them.

I might need some of the frames , I'll find out when the package arrives.;)
I have a few sets just in case. :)

the vertical lens are side markers I have them also and the bumper ends I thing. I would have to do some checking on that. might have sent them to calf. the face bar went to Canadian.

The vertical bumper "blades" show up relatively inexpensively on eBay periodically. They are not C.C. specific. You definitely want to get those out of the southwest thought as the rear wheels throw everything that they pick up directly into those blades. The right-rear inner marker lamp(Inside lamp in right blade) is the hardest to find in good condition as it is directly above the tailpipe. That lamp is usually really pitted badly.

The horizontal bumper bars(C.C. specific) are getting really tough to find.

Bumper

The vertical bumper "blades" show up relatively inexpensively on eBay periodically. They are not C.C. specific. You definitely want to get those out of the southwest thought as the rear wheels throw everything that they pick up directly into those blades. The right-rear inner marker lamp(Inside lamp in right blade) is the hardest to find in good condition as it is directly above the tailpipe. That lamp is usually really pitted badly.

The horizontal bumper bars(C.C. specific) are getting really tough to find.

If buying one also look out for the adapters, there is a small piece LT & RT that adapt the bumper blade to the vertical blade ends.

Back