Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > eBay Listings Discussion Forum

eBay Listings Discussion Forum This is a discussion forum for eBay listings of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for eBay items. Posts with multiple listings will be deleted. Please search to see if the information has been previously posted. Titles must clearly define the discussion. DO NOT POST JUST LINKS! Please explain what the listing is about to start the discussion. Posts that don't meet these requirements may be deleted without notice. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 AM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,612 Times in 6,183 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

The last year for the full wood body frame. The 58 I did was still wood framed from the window sill up. If you took the wood out the steel panels would all fall down. They had a construction that was a marvile to see.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:48 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,682 Times in 664 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elzie View Post
Wow! There is a lot of misinformation in the sales blurb that accompanies this ad. For instance - when Eureka began making funeral cars and how many 1956 models were built by the company. One has to wonder where some of these "dealers" get their information. It disturbs me greatly when inaccurate information is disseminated like this. It misleads readers and is very hard to set straight for those seriously interested in professional vehicle history. Having said that, it is a spectacular car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Snyder For This Useful Post:
Brady D Smith (01-06-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 01:14 PM
PCS Life Member / PCS Past President / Elected Director

Thanked 2,013 Times in 473 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default This is a PCS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Snyder View Post
Wow! There is a lot of misinformation in the sales blurb that accompanies this ad. For instance - when Eureka began making funeral cars and how many 1956 models were built by the company. One has to wonder where some of these "dealers" get their information. It disturbs me greatly when inaccurate information is disseminated like this. It misleads readers and is very hard to set straight for those seriously interested in professional vehicle history. Having said that, it is a spectacular car.
The guy in Mt. Dora is a PCS member
Old 01-06-2019, 04:18 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Source of Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Snyder View Post
Keith; I'm happy to see you share the same 'passion' I do for these old Coaches. All the info I published was from Coachbuilt.com or McPherson's book on Eureka's. Their company roots run back to 1871 but, they didn't start building motorized Hearses and Ambulances till the early 1900's ( Tom's book states 1917, pg.18). The total pro car figure of 1799 is published in McPherson's book for Cadillac 'commercial chassis' (pg 273) but, today I researched further I did find, yet another, source in the Cadillac Standard Guide which states 2,025 (pg 237). So, opinion's vary. Unfortunately Tom's book does not breakout how many 3-way's were built, like it does for Superior. Only says, "..the Eureka Landau funeral car was recognized as the finest custom landau in the business". And, like I said on my website, due to the high cost [ it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that] very few were made. Incidentally, the seller, who was a former PCS member, told me, he was told "3" but, I didn't publish that info. as I couldn't find his source. I make every effort for 29 years to publish the cars correctly... I will look to see if the wording can be dissected further.

Please don't assume every "dealer' is a bad guy and out to 'mislead' or, has dubious intentions. I had used the figure of 1799 as there would have been multiple 'other' Coach Builders building cars on a Cadillac Commercial Chassis so, if anything, it was an understatement of low build. My intentions are, as usual, to finish the resto. and put it on display in the Museum. After sharing it with the Public, it will eventually go to another great Funeral Home. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerry Bogard For This Useful Post:
Kurt Arends (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 08:55 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry I tried!

This coach showed up at the Decatur, IL, meet in 1988. I tried to buy it then, but no sale. Not until after she died, the owner said. I tried to buy it again, with the agreement that I would return it to Indiana for her funeral, but again, no sale. I asked them to let me know if they changed their minds in the future, but I never heard any more from them. Now, it's gone wherever....................
Old 01-06-2019, 09:52 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,612 Times in 6,183 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

That has happend to alot of us.