Missing Mirriors........

Not sure if anyone on here can shed some light on this little "glitch" I've noticed on about 3 Pro-Cars that I've looked at or Own.

And that is that the Passenger Side, Out-Side Door Mirrior is always missing.....Which isn't that big of a deal I guess (Could've been Robbed off the car or Broken off....)

But then when you look at the Inner Door Pannel there is no Opening of any sort for the "Mirrior Adjust Lever" as there is on the other side, Causing me to wonder.........as there are Mounting Holes on the Door where a Mirrior Could've gone.

I guess its possible that the mirrior on that side wasn't Adjustable????

Perhaps someone could shed some light on this for me????

Most right hand door mirrors were not inside adjustable until the mid to late 1970's. My 1978 Superior Cadillac has an adjustable right hand mirror, however, I am not certain when Cadillac first started this feature.

more on mirrors

There was a time when any outside mirror was an option. Back when a couple of bucks would buy a bag of groceries. A BIG bag. If there are holes in the door skin then there was something there at one time. The manufacturers won't pay us UAW guys to drill holes for nothing. The 'bean' counters would go ballistic.
Mike

Thanks alot for your input guys

Thats kind've what I had figured but I wasn't sure. So I figured I'd Ask.

I'm also Curious what some of you on here would suggest for a Paint Remover Agent to use on the Fiberglass portions of my Pro-Car (Ambulance),

As I'm not sure using the "Agent" I'm using on the metal portions of the car, should be used on the Fiberglass portions of it, I tried it on a Small Portion of the car and wasn't pleased with the Results.

So I'm curious if any of you out there know of a Special Product for this type of application or have had good luck with a Certain Product.

Thanks Once again,
-Ryan

The best and safest way to remove paint from fiberglass is old fashioned elbow grease and sandpaper. I would block sand it till the old paint was off and you are down to the primer. Then put on a good primer sealer, and follow the paint manufacturers instruction on application of the final topcoat.. Taking it down to the bare fiberglass is risky as you might open more of a can of worms than you can close quickly..

the Mirror on the right side of both my 72 CBs is the el cheap one from the local parts store . it did not match the left at all. the 73 S&S has the R and L adjustable by cable mirrors.
don't use the stripper on the fiberglass top it will pull the binder out of the top. leaving you with a mess to fill in. if the paint is not pealing on the top and your not the 3rd guy to paint it. just sand it down and re shot it. the only reason you would strip is if you have to many layers of paint on there or one of the layers is not compatible with what your putting back on. even if you have a pealing layer all you need to do is sand that one off. to strip it then prime back, if the paint is stuck on is a wast of time. if you want to know if your going to have troubles, sand out a chip threw the layers then spray some lacquer thinner on it. if one of the layers wrinkles you need to strip if not your good to go.

Back