Cadillac ambulance memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I was about seven years old, I was sitting on the front steps of an auditorium watching cars go by. This was around 1983 somewhere in Cleveland, OH. As I sat there, I saw an orange and white downsized Cadillac ambulance go flying by. I remember it being a hightop, and I think it had smaller back side windows, making me think now that it was a Superior. Now the reason this memory is special to me is that first, it was the first time I had ever really noticed a hearse or ambulance, and second, it is the only time in my life I remember seeing a professional car ambulance while still in service.

Does anyone have any idea who might have been running a similar car in Cleveland around that time? Better yet, where is it now? I'm still trying to find out from my parents exactly where we were, but no such luck yet...

AB

Were you an East or West sider? The funeral homes were still running ambulances, and some of the more progressive were painted omaha orange to comply with government standards,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back