'56 Superior Cadillac Ambulance

Looks like he buffed it out and put down some indoor/outdoor carpeting............ Oh, and added the Ghost Busters stickers. My German isn't good enough to decipher whether he did anything to it mechanically. The motor was stuck when it left Iowa.

56 Superior Ambulance

Looks like he buffed it out and put down some indoor/outdoor carpeting............ Oh, and added the Ghost Busters stickers. My German isn't good enough to decipher whether he did anything to it mechanically. The motor was stuck when it left Iowa.

If it helps any here is the aprx translation::)

Super rare barn find, 1956 Cadillac Ambulance High Top by Superior. The Caddi was until 1966 in Carlstadt Fire Department in Bergen NJ in use. After 1966, the Cadillac was never registered as Ambulance Service, and in 1978 the final approval in the United States. For nearly 40 years no longer in operation! Original the car was red, the beige-brown paint was then applied sometime during 1966-1978. 99.9% of all parts and emblems,are on the Caddi. and in very good condition. A few rust spots are on doors and fenders, underbody and sill, however, are still extremely good condition for the age in original condition. the paint on Cadillac never restored, welded or primed afterwards. everything is original 100%! Engine, transmission and brakes are also completely without missing parts, but of course no longer functional. The car can be rolled up and brought to a stop with the hand brake. A restoration cant be overlooked. Who buys the Caddi can also purchase a brand new windshield , the side windows can be installed by any auto glass shop. I still have a lot of pictures. Questions? 06134-6017883 Please note that the transport requires slightly larger than a normal car trailer!

Last edited:
I asked to be on the list to buy this car and was told to hold on. did not see it for sale till now or did I know it was offered. a simple pm or a courtesy email would have been appreciated especially when I took the time to ask and state I would send a check asap. my wife has been real sick again so I have been very occupied but again I WANTED THIS CAR. I have a 56 sedan with a perfect motor and driveline but is rusted to bad to restore. what a damn shame. im really disappointed. flippers ruin the hobby and I don't do business with such if I can help it unless I really want to. yall really don't know me and me you but I can be relied upon and do business here with my word and my handshake which is good as gold. I get disappointed when I am reminded that the world is NOT an fair or honest place. yall take care and have a happy hobby of mistrust and money grabbing. as for me well I choose not to. god bless all of you. some of you need it more than others. now I know why I was told not to trust anyone selling things here. say what you want as I wont read it.

flippers ruin the hobby

But a professional car salesman doesn't, right..?

Not only did Kurt's '56 eBay auction end without hitting reserve but there was time for anyone genuinely interested on this side of the pond to contact him about it and work a deal out. I'm certain Kurt would have preferred Superior stayed stateside.

Some site members have expressed interest in multiple vehicles over time yet are incapable of actual action. If the shoe fits - you have only yourself to blame for maintaining an expectation of hearing back from a seller.

I asked to be on the list to buy this car and was told to hold on. did not see it for sale till now or did I know it was offered. a simple pm or a courtesy email would have been appreciated especially when I took the time to ask and state I would send a check asap. my wife has been real sick again so I have been very occupied but again I WANTED THIS CAR. I have a 56 sedan with a perfect motor and driveline but is rusted to bad to restore. what a damn shame. im really disappointed. flippers ruin the hobby and I don't do business with such if I can help it unless I really want to. yall really don't know me and me you but I can be relied upon and do business here with my word and my handshake which is good as gold. I get disappointed when I am reminded that the world is NOT an fair or honest place. yall take care and have a happy hobby of mistrust and money grabbing. as for me well I choose not to. god bless all of you. some of you need it more than others. now I know why I was told not to trust anyone selling things here. say what you want as I wont read it.

Kyle,
The car was listed twice on eBay and posted to this site immediately when it was first listed on eBay. I believe that it was first posted to eBay and this site on Oct. 14th. It took 3 weeks to get it sold and I never received so much as 1 phone call or e-mail message from anyone during that time, other than the German purchaser. I would have much preferred that the car stay in this country, but found little interest.

Kurt

I'll also vouch for Kurt as being a pleasure to deal with, even going out of his way to drop off books and parts to me.

He's always written or called me back with zero delay.

You won't find a better guy to have fun with and learn from in this hobby!

Kyle,
I just felt that I needed to respond to your comment where you referred to me as a "Flipper". Here is my current fleet of collector cars and the period of time in which I have owned them:

1959 Imperial Crown 14 years
1961 Imperial LeBaron 6 years
1962 Imperial LeBaron 5 years
1968 Imperial Crown 8 years
1968 Imperial LeBaron 6 years
1969 Imperial LeBaron 4 years
1975 S&S Victoria 3-Way 2.5 years
1975 Superior 54" Ambulance 2 years

Now if this makes me a "Flipper", then I'm definitely not a very successful one!! You probably have never kept a car as long as any one of these!

Kurt,
Not speaking for Kyle,but I just wanted to say that they way I read the post I feel that the "flipper" statement was directed more to the CURRENT owner/seller then directed at you since current seller has only had it for such a short period of time....:rolleyes:

Like I said its just MY opinion....:)

Kurt,
Not speaking for Kyle,but I just wanted to say that they way I read the post I feel that the "flipper" statement was directed more to the CURRENT owner/seller then directed at you since current seller has only had it for such a short period of time....:rolleyes:

Like I said its just MY opinion....:)

James,
No, I read Kyle's response several times. His statement was definitely directed toward me. Kind of "The pot calling the kettle black" with a self-professed used car dealer accusing someone else of trying to make a buck on a car!!

nice car

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THESE CARS COME BACK TO OUR SITE,I FEEL LIKE I AM WAISTING MY TIME EVEN LOOKING AND KYLE IS MY BUD AND I WANT HIM TO BUY,BUT IS THIS AN OLD POST AND A BIG WAIST OF TIME FOR EVERYBODY,AND HOW CAN WE STOP THIS, THANKS GUYS BRIAN 917-499-9994:D:D:D:D:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

1956 Superior Ambulance

I have put a current picture in the PHOTOS section above of the car mentioned in this thread. It is the one mentioned in post 2 and 42. It now resides in Western Australia.

The '56 Superior Super Rescuer that is in Australia is the one that came out of Texas. My former '56 Super Rescuer is in Germany.

Yes Kurt I know. I was just posting the picture for all to see. I think the thread explains about the 2 cars. You know how we all are about pictures!

Back