Houston we have a problem

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
it's been one of those springs summers were things are catching up will you. few minor problems have turned into a long drawn out norm of DR visits and test and Dr. visits and test and Dr visits and tests with no definitive results. that is till I took that little plastic card I have and went out of the VA system to find out what is wrong. Oh the VA did diagnose my frozen shoulder and treat it but the leg they just lumped that into conic pain and handed me more pills. turns out I have developed some spinal stenos. so since asking about it on the 15 of November in 14, I have in august of 15 finely got into treatment for that. just old age stuff your turn is next. don't expect help from the VA.

so working on the 58 has been done in spurts. we are down to the last door and the body work is done. the interior is in just the door pads to go on. door glass then paint and we can send it home.

though we were doing good with the door repair till the test fit. missed my guess and left to much of the front frame or I put a twist in the new sill . but what I did do in my hast, is forgot to take one measurement. took the back one from the cut down and forgot the front one as what was there to measure that front corner was gone. funny thing is I got the inside one right on but we must have twisted the the sill. better long them short. short I would have to do like Eureka did and built the edge with lead and file it to fit the opening. cleaver boys they were and every panel hand fit. we have just about got the adjustment made. the tip of the day remember to test fit before you finish the panel.
this one is a weird shaped anyway on account of the storage compartment and the front opening door. they cropped the frame way down in the front.

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 375
Man, I would love to watch you work in the garage for a day, bet I could learn a lot!

Please take care of yourself though and get plenty of rest. Hope your shoulder and back feel better.

Noah you and I both,would love to watch Ed work,and if we ever get that way for a meet would be a great time for "a morning in the shop with Ed". get plenty of rest Ed and take care of that shoulder,

I fully support what Wayne and Noah have said here, but if I were able I'd like it to be a week or more in the shop with Ed. I admire all I see in here that you show us Ed. Good show and yes, we are all getting older. Glad you finally have a handle on it.

Dave:applause:

shoulder is in decent shape now it just tool 5 months this time to get a diagnose and start treatment. it took me a month when the right one acted up in 2010. same DR???

my cousent has been coming up and helping me most afternoons. he is at least good for lifting. but got the door trimmed and back on today to test fit. looks like we will be OK on it. I did have one extra sill made up and have more tin. that 18 gage is a little stubborn to work but it close to what Eureka has on the car. we'll get a combo out of it yet

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 303
Not gold plated ,gold painted. There off my hard luck trophy from Daytona. My other pair were getting bad so I swapped the figuring these needed shop time before going back on.

Back