MoPar procars

Steve Loftin

PCS Member
Site Supporter
Okay, you all knew I'd have to use that phrase sooner or later!

SPECTACULAR spec.tac.u.lar (def.): 1. Of the nature of a spectacle; sensational. 2. This 1959 Memphis/Chrysler ambulance from Haworth, NJ.

This lovely Memphian deserves a post of its own.

(SL collection)

Attachments

• 59 Memphis Chrysler Haworth NJ.jpg
    59 Memphis Chrysler Haworth NJ.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 4,347
This beautiful '59 National Dodge is from Jamieson Funeral Home in Glenboro, Manitoba. I shot these photos at a Northland Chapter meet many years ago. It is originally from Salmon Arm, British Columbia.

Attachments

• Jamieson001.jpg
    Jamieson001.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3,407
  • Jamieson002.jpg
    Jamieson002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 3,372
  • Jamieson003.jpg
    Jamieson003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3,332
I don't know either, but since the beams are perfectly aligned in each one I would assume they are flashers, not rotaters. Unless of course the photog was as anal as you Mr. Loftin when it comes to things being perfect. :)

Good eye, my friend; I thought the same. Sireno, Dietz, and others used to make flashing beacons, but I don't recognize these.

Thanks for the compliment (I think)! It's no science...vehicle photography is like painting a car: The more prep work you do, the better it turns out.

This beautiful '59 National Dodge is from Jamieson Funeral Home in Glenboro, Manitoba. I shot these photos at a Northland Chapter meet many years ago. It is originally from Salmon Arm, British Columbia.

Beautiful is right; I've always admired this car. Does Moray Jamieson still have his procar collection?

Here's a link to his funeral home's website. Go to "About Us," then "Ambulance Service:"

http://www.willmorchapel.com/index.cfm

66 Chrysler Ambulance

This interesting conversion was done by a local autobody shop in Winnipeg, Manitoba on a '66 Chrysler wagon, for Riverview Ambulance Service. All of the big 3 auto makers were represented in this conversion. The tunnel lights are tail lights from a '62 Mercury Monterey, the tail lights are from a '59 Buick, and the rear door (allegedly) is from a '54 Ford Sedan Delivery.

Attachments

• Riverview002.jpg
    Riverview002.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Riverview003.jpg
    Riverview003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Riverview004.jpg
    Riverview004.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,075
I'll guess. it has to be a seabert with the rear doors configured that way. they were about the only ones flipping the doors and hinging them back wards.

'59 Memphian Chrysler

This '59 Memphian Chrysler was owned by Riverview Ambulance in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It was later destroyed in a fire.

Attachments

• Memphian Chrysler001.jpg
    Memphian Chrysler001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 887
  • Memphian Chrysler002.jpg
    Memphian Chrysler002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 887
here is a 53 McClintock I had the pleasure of see at one of the stay central meet. mostly a unrestored car in it's original form. no information on from were it started it's working life

Attachments

• 1953 Chy sedanambulance 1.jpg
    1953 Chy sedanambulance 1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 845
  • 1953 Chy Sedanambulance 2.JPG
    1953 Chy Sedanambulance 2.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 822
Back