Federal beacons - white rubber skirt gaskets

I know that John Dorgan is now offering a white base gasket, however, I have no idea of cost. I just measured the Ful-Vue lights because I am going to be needing gasket material for them, and found that they each use 34" of material based on a 2" fudge factor. It is going to take 11' of gasket material to do my lights, plus some more for the Federal 184. I wonder how much comes on a roll, since with 3 cars, I know that I am going to be needing a lot.

The Ful-Vu doesn't use a gasket like a beacon ray. Full-Vu's don't have a ring around their base. They use what is bascially one big, flat piece of rubber with a raised lip around the edge.

But I believe Mr. Dorgan sells a replacement for that, too, if I remember correcly.

shut down

I just went to the 'new' site for light parts. They may still be in business but the site has been shut down since 2008. When I tried to see the squad and the station the shut down notice was all I got. There was a really nice rotor-ray light on display.
Mike

I used his kit on my leaking roof beacon on the Pontiac and it worked like a champ. Exact gaskets, great instructions, and fast service. Saved me from having to try and track the stuff down.

Gaskets

Dale Cohen is "dcaptain". He is an honest, reputable individual with whom I have done business a number of times in the past. His kit for the Federal beacons is well made and the base gasket was made in a new extrusion that is a duplicate of the original. He includes the lamp cushions as well as the upper gasket and the lens bumpers in two sizes for the plastic and glass lenses. At appx $30. it is a good buy even if you don't use every piece.
To answer Paul, the gasket material in white that I now supply, comes in
250' rolls and works well on the Federal beacons as well as the "Full View" lights.
The reason that there is usually so much rust on ambulance roofs under the full view lights is the fact that the original gasket coverd the entire surface under the light. This allowed mositure to condense between the gasket and the roof, and with nowhere to go, caused the roof surface to oxidize. A rim gasket is actually a better way to install the full view lights.
John Dorgan

Back