The new tool

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
Last weekend i picked up the new tool for the shop. It is a Auto Twirler rotisserie, I will need to use it on the wife's truck first. Then my 56 olds coach is going to spend some hours up on it. I cant wait.

Attachments

• rockerbox-suburban start 011.jpg
    rockerbox-suburban start 011.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 213
  • rockerbox-suburban start 012.jpg
    rockerbox-suburban start 012.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 214
Congratulations on the purchase. At the rate you are going, you are going to need a much larger garage just to house the vehicles and tools..

When can we start making modifications to it ? Great tool if you have the space and the need for it. Want to do a restoration on a Corvair convertible for practice? Won't take up much room, and there is no pesky frame to deal with..

I got one of those when the guy who owns the company was just starting out. I used to see him and his wife at shows all the time, but I think they've grown their business enough that they either don't go to the shows anymore, or they go to different ones than the ones I'm at. When I bought mine at Goodguys in Columbus I went to his trailer to pick it up and ended up helping about 6 more guys load theirs. He was so appreciative that he gave me a bunch of extra stuff that was left over in his trailer, like a jig you can use with it to hold a door while you are hanging it. Nice folks. In retrospect I wish I hadn't cheaped out and got the non-fully adjustable version and got the one you got. I don't use it all the time so I guess it's ok. They make nice stuff though.

be intersiting to see if you get the body of the olds up on it. let alone rotate it. be sure a post pictures. these things take up a lot of room in the shop. one of the guys down town has one he does a lot of personal rodding and race cars on. got to be 20 feet long with a normal body on it. I can't imagon how big it would have to be to put a 63 superior hight top on. then rotate it even 180 deg let alone 360. then with a car that big you still end up working off a ladder no matter what posision the body is in. but for the work you do this will be a nice tool keep the slag from dripping in your face. I hate laying on my back working up.

I got one of those when the guy who owns the company was just starting out. I used to see him and his wife at shows all the time, but I think they've grown their business enough that they either don't go to the shows anymore, or they go to different ones than the ones I'm at. When I bought mine at Goodguys in Columbus I went to his trailer to pick it up and ended up helping about 6 more guys load theirs. He was so appreciative that he gave me a bunch of extra stuff that was left over in his trailer, like a jig you can use with it to hold a door while you are hanging it. Nice folks. In retrospect I wish I hadn't cheaped out and got the non-fully adjustable version and got the one you got. I don't use it all the time so I guess it's ok. They make nice stuff though.

Yes, the one i have bearings in the head, when a car is set up on it you can turn it with one hand easy, hardly any effort.

be intersiting to see if you get the body of the olds up on it. let alone rotate it. be sure a post pictures. these things take up a lot of room in the shop. one of the guys down town has one he does a lot of personal rodding and race cars on. got to be 20 feet long with a normal body on it. I can't imagon how big it would have to be to put a 63 superior hight top on. then rotate it even 180 deg let alone 360. then with a car that big you still end up working off a ladder no matter what posision the body is in. but for the work you do this will be a nice tool keep the slag from dripping in your face. I hate laying on my back working up.

Ed you hit that on right on the head, It is nice to weld floor pans and such sitting along side it or standing up. The olds will need lots of underside work.

Yes, the one i have bearings in the head, when a car is set up on it you can turn it with one hand easy, hardly any effort.

Ooooohh....I didn't notice they had gone to bearings! I haven't looked close at one in a while.

The problem with mine is that you have to somehow get the body very high in the air to load it on. It would probably work best with a forklift. I think the one you have also has the adjustable sides that allow you to load it low to the ground, then raise it up until it is balanced on the pivot point. Mine was about $600, and the deluxe was around $1000 (at the time, over 6 years ago). They do make some cool stuff though.

Back