Probably selling my hearses

Hi all,

I've pretty well decided that I need to simplify my life. Going thru a divorce and I have figured out that at 43, that I will not live long enough to get all these projects done. So, it will soon be time to let em go. I will get site supporter status and post them in the next couple days.... This post is to gauge interest and give folks a heads up.

The coaches all need restoration, but they're pretty solid and complete-ish.
1938 Henney-Packard 880
1940 Flxible-Buick Classic AA Carved side
1941 S&S Cadillac
1949 Little-Dodge. This one is very rusty but still complete.

Ideas on values would be welcome. I want these to go to someone who has the time and resources to restore them, so I'm not going to be asking an Arm and both Legs...

Pictures should be available in the "Toybox" area of my website, www.b26marauder.com

Best,
Jase

Sorry about the divorce...I hope that, when the dust settles, you are happy and well.

The toybox link does not work...I was able to load the home page once...I am now unable to load the home page. Must be a problem with the site.

cs

Flxible

I would be interested in the Flxible since the firm I worked at as a youngster had one.

Have emailed through your website several times over last couple years when passing through area. Never once even received courtesy of a response.

There is a collector outside Harrisonburg who is interested in your coaches.

Jase - could you please get the data from the Flxible serial plate and post it for us? Fron this data we will be able to determine who the first owner was and where they were located. We may also be able to get the delivery date. It woulod be interesting to know this as Flxible sold and built only 8 Classic AA funeral cars in 1940 on the Buick chassis.

This is the info received from Tom McPherson on the 1940 Flxible Buick:

Jason - Thank you for your note and the kind words regarding the books. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed these publications and that they have been of some help to you. From the information you provided I was able to determine that your car is a 1940 Flxible Classic AA that was mounted on a Buick Series 40 (Special) chassis. This car is a Sterling Carved Classic Funeral Car (Model B40-5AA) for which Flxible received the order on June 17, 1940. This car (body serial #4515) was delivered to the Sanders-McMichael Funeral Home in Topeka, Kansas on August 29, 1940. The motor number (44055201) and frame number (13858120) you provided all match what has been found in the available Flxible records. The Model B40-5AA had an MSRP of $2,795 F.O.B. Loudonville. Flxible produced 15 carved professional cars on the Buick chassis in 1940. Of these, 7 were Classic A models and 8 were Classic AA models - like yours. As such, your car could be considered extremely rare. I'm not aware of all that many survivors. Unfortunately I have no engineering drawings of the carved panels but, I do have excellent factory photographs of these cars and close-up photos of the carvings that I coud provide - if these would be of any assistance. With regard to the John Little Dodge, between Walt and I, we probably have the original builders photographs of this car when new. If you could send me some pictures of the car now, we could check through our files to see what we have that we could provide to you. If it's the car I think it is, we have some of the original negatives on file. Once again, thank you for the e-mail and the kind words. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. And, keep in touch. I would be most interested to see this rare Flxible when you have completed the restoration. - Tom McPherson

Have emailed through your website several times over last couple years when passing through area. Never once even received courtesy of a response.

There is a collector outside Harrisonburg who is interested in your coaches.

Well, Atti, I am sorry that I never received the emails or I *would* have responded. I'm not going to justify myself, especially over the internet to someone I've never met, but a couple points you may wish to consider before putting me on "blast" as not having any courtesy:
1) Ever think that I just never got the emails? Which in fact is the case
2) My soon to be ex had been seriously ill for quite some time, and she did the website. I'm an idiot when it comes to websites, tho I am learning.
3) If you paid attention to my posts on the old site, enough to know my website, then you should have been able to figure out the name of my towing company. For everyone else, I own Valley Towing in Woodstock VA. 540-477-9510. I'm really not too hard to find, and generally answer the phone 24/7.

I'm certainly interested in discussing, with anyone, the potential purchase of these coaches. Fair warning though to all, I have a pretty good idea of their "general worth" and have no itention of giving them away for scrap price. I have a 60x150 building at my impound lot, so continued storage isn't a problem at this point in the game. What I am saying, is that I'd *like* to sell em to someone who can restore em, but I am not *pressed* to sell them.

Back