Looking for info

Im trying to find someone that can tell me what the model number for my 1960 S&S combo means. Im trying to find out out if it really is a combo or not. I cant post pics but the number is 601000D thats the model number at the top.:893USA-Smilie-thumb

If nobody knows how to decode an S&S model number, we could have anyone with an S&S post the model number and give details about the car. It seems as though if there were consistent model numbers, we could then figure out exactly what your coach is.

Your 1960 Park Row Limo Style model number is 601000D.
Dan Scully's 1961 Park Row Limo Style End Loader model number is 611000.
My 1972 S&S Cadillac Victoria model number is 72450 (pictures below).

So it looks like the first two numbers are the year of manufacture. If yours is a combination with the jump seats and floor panels that reverse for either a smooth surface for stretcher loading or rollers for casket loading, then the "D" may be the combination indicator in the model number.

Attachments

• Picture 1751.jpg
    Picture 1751.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 183
  • oWTRJ-796a19b6d63b1b41be9204f7bee18df7.jpg
    oWTRJ-796a19b6d63b1b41be9204f7bee18df7.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 190
Three easy ways to tell if your car is a combination hearse/ambulance are 1. Does it have two seats in the rear compartment on at the right at the #2 door that fold into the floor. 2. Does it has flip panels in the rear floor that are smooth surface on one side and rollers on the other side and 3. Is there a zipper in the front headliner to access the wire and removable roof plug for a Beacon Ray.

Three easy ways to tell if your car is a combination hearse/ambulance are 1. Does it have two seats in the rear compartment on at the right at the #2 door that fold into the floor. 2. Does it has flip panels in the rear floor that are smooth surface on one side and rollers on the other side and 3. Is there a zipper in the front headliner to access the wire and removable roof plug for a Beacon Ray.

Dude you are my hero! I dont have the floor in the back because at some point it got taken out but there sure as hell a sipper in the head liner. I always thought it was a tear but there was some teeth left from the zipper part.

And Kevin thank you for your info as well.

Thank you both. Now the hard part is finding good pics of what the floor is supposed to look like so I can build it

'59s were such a bold new styling that interiors weren't heavily reworked for '60 - if at all. Not familiar enough with S&S to state how long they stayed the same. I have rear interior 35mm prints of my old '64 S&S Park Row if none are provided (or Google/Bing doesn't turn up some) first.

Jump seats in that vintage are not easy to come by (generally speaking) and are coach specific. I do have at least 1 complete spare set of 8 rollers in good condition stashed away if/when you get to that point.

'59s were such a bold new styling that interiors weren't heavily reworked for '60 - if at all. Not familiar enough with S&S to state how long they stayed the same. I have rear interior 35mm prints of my old '64 S&S Park Row if none are provided (or Google/Bing doesn't turn up some) first.

Jump seats in that vintage are not easy to come by (generally speaking) and are coach specific. I do have at least 1 complete spare set of 8 rollers in good condition stashed away if/when you get to that point.

How much do you want for the rollers? I have one jump seat I figure looking at it I can make another one from scratch. Google and bing have pretty much nothing for my car. I have found pics of the 59 limo style combo and figure if I cant find anything for 60 Ill just build it to the 59 until I find actual pics for 60 I guess I could compare 1959 to a 1961 and see if there is a difference and if not then I should be good as to how it should look

Casey,

I sent an email to the two Cadillac & LaSalle Club members listed in the directory who own a 1960 commercial chassis that is not a hearse, ambulance, or flower car. I asked if either happens to own an S&S Park Row Combination and could provide pictures.

I'll let you know if I hear back from either one.

1000D is it!!!!

From what I can gather, 1000D looks to be the designation for a S&S combination coach in a limousine style. May be something different in a Victoria landau possibly as well. Below is a photo I took when I looked at Josh's 70 S&S Park Row when I was looking at it to purchase for myself. You can make out 701000 with a faint D at the end of it. I'm no S&S man but it looks to me that the 1000D numbers are for a S&S combination coach in limo style! I'm a M-M man so I've never really dabbled much with the technical data for other builders much.

Attachments

• Nave's 1969 S&S Park Row Combo. 005.jpg
    Nave's 1969 S&S Park Row Combo. 005.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 156
Posting my numbers

I am also curious on my '72 Pontiac Superior Ambulance

Model # 72226
Body # 1603
Sill # 5092
Date
12/14/1971

Anyone have anything close to these dates with history? Guess I needed to celebrate it's 39th birthday yesterday!

Thanks

Hey guys thanks for helping out it really does help a lot. Ill have to bug everyone on here with an S&S to see what their numbers are!

Now the only trick is to see if there are any others like mine still out there because so far I can only find mine from when other people owned it.

Back