68 sayers & scovill cadillac hearse less than 84,000 orignal miles - $20000 (burbank)

Daniel Scully

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
68 sayers & scovill cadillac hearse less than 84,000 orignal miles - $20000 (burbank)

Better get it while you can. :) Wonder who the seller is on this.:rolleyes:

An extremely rare car that is all-original in every respect. This is a 1968 Sayers & Scovill Cadillac Victoria rear-loading landau hearse. It was purchased new by a Northern California funeral home and garaged since new. The car just came out of service in June of this year. It is a spectacular vehicle with less than 84,000 miles. Featuring the original black and gold California commercial license plates, you will never see a '68 hearse like this one. It has a flawless original interior, both in the casket compartment and the driver compartment. It has the original leather front bench seat in perfect condition. All of the window glass is perfect including the front commercial windshield. It is a rear loading funeral car complete with floor rollers, casket stops and adjustable brier pins The original 472 cubic inch V-8 engine runs smooth and quiet, and the automatic transmission shifts quietly and smoothly. No leaks, knocking or other noises. Wipers and washer works, tires are near-new and everything inside works including the turn signals (the indicators on the front fenders work perfectly), There are two switches on the dash that operate the rear loading lights and the casket compartment lights, and they both work. There is absolutely no rust or body filler anywhere on the car, and it has never been in an accident or damaged in any way. It has dual rear view mirrors: a remote mirror on the driver side and a manual adjustable mirror on the passenger side. Brakes and other mechanicals work perfectly without any issues. All of the gauges and idiot lights work. This car also has the divider between the driver and casket area. This car can be driven across the country as it sits today.

All of the chrome trim is there, and it is in perfect condition including the grill, headlights, bumpers, side maker lights, tail lights, window molding, trim and any other chrome on the car. The car is weather tight and the suspension is solid and smooth as it should be. It even has the original curtains. The original dashboard is flawless with no cracks, fading or discoloration. Nothing is missing from exterior of the car. The front carpet is in excellent condition. It still has the original rear view mirror in the driver compartment and everything that came on the car from the factory is still there. The headliner, both in the driver compartment and the casket compartment is in excellent condition with no tears or stains. All of the door handles, window cranks and other mechanisms are in excellent condition, and all five doors lock and open with a key. The car is a pleasure to drive, and an amazing find.

The paint appears to be the original factory black lacquer. However, it does have some lacquer checking in some of the crevices, which is to be expected for an original, 50-yar-old car. However, you cannot see any blemishes in the paint until you stand right next to the car. A repaint would make this car spectacular and show ready. Somewhere along the line, the funeral home painted the landau bars black. They should be re-chromed. It is missing the right-side sun visor and the aftermarket am-fm radio does not go on. Could be just a wire or fuse issue. In any event, a few hundred dollars and new paint would make this car 100% perfect.

You will never find another rare funeral car like this in factory original condition. True professional car collectors know what this is, and its value. Car has clear California title. Asking price is $20,000. Thank you for taking the time to view this fine vintage and very collectible automobile.

Attachments

• 00K0K_joJVwTMlRHW_1200x900.jpg
    00K0K_joJVwTMlRHW_1200x900.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 381
  • 00Y0Y_lpxhcLEm2hc_1200x900.jpg
    00Y0Y_lpxhcLEm2hc_1200x900.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 00Y0Y_gcssp4zs6vq_1200x900.jpg
    00Y0Y_gcssp4zs6vq_1200x900.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 01010_hcg2vY5cdOt_1200x900.jpg
    01010_hcg2vY5cdOt_1200x900.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 01717_8uWwzQcvSyJ_1200x900.jpg
    01717_8uWwzQcvSyJ_1200x900.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 00Z0Z_1nwOVrQyREL_1200x900.jpg
    00Z0Z_1nwOVrQyREL_1200x900.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 00i0i_iPVf7c0GuXC_1200x900.jpg
    00i0i_iPVf7c0GuXC_1200x900.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 354
  • 00707_iK3f5PobVtu_1200x900.jpg
    00707_iK3f5PobVtu_1200x900.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 349
Aftermarket side trim, rhino liner roof, curtians replaced, interior doesnt match up so reupholstered at some point, the flooring in the back dosent look right but Im not sure on that one, thats my observation.

Are we sure the top isnt crinkle paint? Rhino liner and glass crinkle can look pretty similar at a distance, in the sunlight. Top doesnt look too different from mine.

Aftermarket side trim, rhino liner roof, curtians replaced, interior doesnt match up so reupholstered at some point, the flooring in the back dosent look right but Im not sure on that one, thats my observation.

The flooring is correct my 61 S&S has the same floor, top is not rhino coat its the cobra grain top. It is pretty original other than the side trim, curtains and the redone panels in velour. I ,am not 100% sure on the panels .

Attachments

• DSC01347.jpg
    DSC01347.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 309
Are we sure the top isnt crinkle paint? Rhino liner and glass crinkle can look pretty similar at a distance, in the sunlight. Top doesnt look too different from mine.

We're sure; it's a cobra (style, material) vinyl top, as was standard on the Park Hill and Victoria models.

Which part of the interior doesn't match up (other than age or light issues)?

If you look close at the pictures this car does not have a cobra top.The fake wood panel trim is present on the doors but panel is gone and there is no sign of wear on the fabric that would have been behind it. Also the outside mid line trim being replaced means it most likely been repainted and had body work. Its still a nice coach though.

If you look close at the pictures this car does not have a cobra top.The fake wood panel trim is present on the doors but panel is gone and there is no sign of wear on the fabric that would have been behind it. Also the outside mid line trim being replaced means it most likely been repainted and had body work. Its still a nice coach though.

It does have a cobra top. I had a chance to buy it and looked at in person but decided against it as no room at the inn.

My apologies on this , you are correct it has a rhino coat top. I confused this with another one. I will need to chk my memory medication. :eek:

I agree with Chris on his assessment of this coach. The 1980s blue velour, in the back and on the door panels, is gross. None of the upholstery, front or back, is original. This is a $6000-$7000 coach in this condition.

We're sure; it's a cobra (style, material) vinyl top, as was standard on the Park Hill and Victoria models.

Maybe my eyesight is failing--when I enlarge these (low resolution) photos, it looks like a cobra top.

I would add the photos, but the option to add an attachment here is not available.

Back