My '74 M-M Lifeliner

I am going to get the hood and hood hinges as well. Don't need the front bumper and I don't want to mess with the entire car. He wants to keep the 472 out of it. Fenders and hood are priced at "whatever I feel is fair".

I am going to get the hood and hood hinges as well. Don't need the front bumper and I don't want to mess with the entire car. He wants to keep the 472 out of it. Fenders and hood are priced at "whatever I feel is fair".

If interested in selling the hood hinges, I could use them.

Talking sheet medal not heavy iron. Two bolts on the raidator support. Two on the rear of the fenders. Unplug the wire harness at the fire wall one bolt. maybe a connection or two. You have left the bumper and have all the body from the fire wall forward. That is after you have pulled the hood and hinges. Don't stand that hood on the end lay it on the side. That one will curl the courners just stand there.

Well, I decided to buy the entire CDV for parts for my '74 M-M Lifeliner. There has to be $800 worth of parts there and it supposedly has/had a good 472 and trans. I can use inner and outer front fenders, core support, hood, and God only knows what all else. I actually think this yellow would be a good ambulance body color with a white roof(although this rig will remain Omaha Orange & white)!

Attachments

• '74 CDV 2.jpg
    '74 CDV 2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 117
  • '74 CDV 1.jpg
    '74 CDV 1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 104
That front clip will set you back around 1500 the engine and power train another. 2000. So i would say you made a decent buy. Don't forget Richard is looking for a set of hood hinges.

'74 Cadillacs are kind of like '93 Fleetwoods in that they are kind of a "bastard year". There is still much that is carried over from '73, yet it shares a lot with the '75/'76 Cadillacs. The '74 front fenders are 1-year only, but the '74 shares the '73 Cadillac's hood and drive train.

Hinge

This is what I have the book is 65-76. Is it possible that this is a early book , and later ones are revised?

Attachments

• 20200428_092218_resized.jpg
    20200428_092218_resized.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 20200428_092400_resized (1).jpg
    20200428_092400_resized (1).jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 114
I'm more inclined to trusting the GM parts book than I would be to trust the Hollander book.

Attachments

• MVC-009L.JPG
    MVC-009L.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 106
Well, Richard's Lifeliner is a '73, so we know that it would definitely be the same as a '74.

Well it appears there is a company in Virginia that re-builds hinges that Paul has used. As soon as I can get mine off, I will send to him to fix.

Appreciate the efforts and hope this will do the trick.

OK having bought my first Hollander in 1962 for the sum of $26.95 from the Hollander man Clarence W Debatts from the trunk of his car. I can tell you Hollander is an "INTERCHANGE" book. This means the parts interchange but are not EXACTLY the same in all cases. Sometimes there are footnotes telling what mods are needed to use a given interchange. The last printed Hollander was 2003 now it is a program for your computer you subscribe for a year and at the end of your subscription the program self destructs. I quit Hollander in 2004. BTW my memory says you can interchange 71 to 76 from the days when we fixed them.

Back