1956 Crown Imperial Limousine

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
Here's a rare bird that just turned up for sale. Fairly well illustrated and in decent condition. The seller describes the car as: "Here is a great beauty from Virgil Exner at Chrysler! This 1956 Chrysler Imperial Limousine was recently discovered in dry storage, and hadn't seen the light of day for 25 years! This is the last year of US limo production before Chrysler's coach works were moved to Turin, Italy for the next 8 years. A very rare car for a classic limo enthusiast looking to get into the collecting world. With a little TLC, and some interior work, this could be a real stunner! Everything is in original condition, and needs a new loving home. These cars are getting VERY hard to find, so make it yours today!" find it on e-bay at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Limousine-/160897672802?forcev4exp=true

one more reminder that there still is hope for the American automobile. this one hid away for over 20 years because it was to ugly to drive then and still is. one more piece of proof that a ugly design last forever were a sharp one gets used up and lost forever.

I wouldn't even let my dog look at it

Struck up a conversation over the weekend with a guy who turned out to be a Lincoln sales rep. I felt like telling him I was sorry.

That buy-it-now price is a good deal!! A '56 Crown Imperial Limo sold on eBay for over $30,000 within the past 3 years that was needing work and had a (badly)patched hole under the driver. The car was in Marshall, MO and I stopped to look at it in person. '55 and '56 Imperials are bringing far more than any '55 or '56 Cadillac Series 75 in comparable condition right now. The '57 through '62 Gia Imperial Limos are priced in the stratosphere.

It has a distinct look and alure, I could picture my self driving it. It reminds me of a sweet DeSoto sitting in the field when I was growing up.

it is refreshing to understand that the new Lincolns will be sought after in 50 years or so. just think the 59 caddy's were the most hated modale when they came out and look now. so if you want to make a investment get a new lincoln and put it away. man could easily make more on it then a savings account.

Hon you remember what barn we put that pacer in? might be time to dig it out. heck 28 miles to the Gallon and all that room lets just keep it and be the envy of the neighborhood.

Back