Hurst

Another Genuine Hurst

Here's another real Hurst car.

Besides transmissions, Hurst also made/makes rescue tools. In the '70's, they ventured into making rescue vehicles. Their first attempt was a small rescue on.....well....you can see what it is! :657:

This is the same car featured in their advertising from that era. Given that and the fact we didn't see others of these around, I would guess it was the only one (please correct me if you know others). It ended up at a fire department in Georgia, might even still be there.

Hurst was more successful building rescue vehicles on Ford E-series chassis.

Attachments

• GremlinRescue1.jpg
    GremlinRescue1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 226
It is still called a "Hurst Tool". In many cases, even if someone uses a different brand of extrication tools (there are several), they still are called "hurst tools" (like we call all things you blow your nose in "Kleenex", even if it's made by Scotties).

Steve,

A '70 300-H is one of my favourite cars. Really enjoyed the story of hearing about one first hand. :)

I can't believe how many people I've met are *still* calling my car a Hurst. "Oh yeah, Josh is really into Hursts." I like Hurst products, but seriously? Even after I've corrected them many times? I just let it slide now.

I've had that written on work orders when having the car serviced as well. I've had them enter it as '80 Cadillac Commercial Chassis before. Sometimes I put that on the slip in the window at car shows.

Back